Rous Island Container Heli Pad

Aircraft, traffic control, air services

Moderators: Infernal, Nafenn, numloxx

Bermejo
Scanners and Receivers: Couple of older Uniden scanners, one a car set and the other a now non working held hand from many years ago and now looking at getting a new digital or digital compatible such as the 436 or the SDS100.
Main use is for photography as I do a lot of aircraft, marine and rail photography so nice to know what is coming.

Rous Island Container Heli Pad

Post by Bermejo »

There is a heli pad / operations at Rous Island behind the Fremantle Ports Container Terminal.

Usually the yellow surf life saving choppers in and out of there but I see some business choppers in there as well.

Does anyone know if there is a call up or approach freq for this location or any list of freq's specific to this site that can be monitored for inbound arrivals.
Have got some pictures there in the past as they flare in for landing but if you don't hear them coming, they can take you by surprise.

Cheers
Nafenn

Re: Rous Island Container Heli Pad

Post by Nafenn »

Hey Bermejo,

The helipad in fremantle is firmly outside controlled airspace - so there is no requirement for them to contact Perth approach before depart or arrive. The area frequency is Perth Centre - 135.25, while they are not required to transmit on that frequency they may occasionally ask for traffic information as that is quite a busy corridor.

Some of they may show up on apps like Flight Radar 24 or Flightaware, however I know some of the companies have asked for their information not to be shown on those sites - however they are normally visible on ADSBexchange.

Hope that helps.
Nathan Fenn
WARSUG Aviation Band & Reviews Moderator

Anything I say is my opinion, and has nothing to do with/does not reflect the views of anyone I was/am/will be involved with/employed by/volunteer for/associated with. There, I think that should cover it!
vk6hgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
Amateur callsign: VK6HGR
Scanners and Receivers: Various Yaesu, Kenwood, Tait, Simoco and Philips'

Post by vk6hgr »

http://aussieadsb.com/ also shows an unfiltered ADSB feed.
Gavin Rogers; VK6HGR
http://vk6hgr.ampr.org/
WARSUG forum administrator
Site and stream donations: https://www.paypal.me/vk6hgr
Perth.SWL

Post by Perth.SWL »

Just a correction - Perth Centre is on 135.250 MHz (135.550 is REX Airlines at Perth A/P).

Perth.SWL
Nafenn

Post by Nafenn »

Perth.SWL wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 4:56 pm Just a correction - Perth Centre is on 135.250 MHz (135.550 is REX Airlines at Perth A/P).

Perth.SWL
You are correct... probably a frequency i should have right by now :lol:
Nathan Fenn
WARSUG Aviation Band & Reviews Moderator

Anything I say is my opinion, and has nothing to do with/does not reflect the views of anyone I was/am/will be involved with/employed by/volunteer for/associated with. There, I think that should cover it!