service station

News, meet-ups, general questions, emergency services procedures etc

Moderators: vk6hgr, Zebedee

hold3n
150+ posts
150+ posts

service station

Post by hold3n »

do Fesa Wapol and sjambos officers need to pay for fuel if its for there Emergency vehicles
I AM IN NO WAY AFFILIATED WITH DFES OR BFB
Closing the door for a while.
yorky

Re: service station

Post by yorky »

Depending on the organisation they are usually issued with petrol station cards done in the organisation's name. Kind of like a credit card but for fuel/ie BP only.

This may only be for certain organisations.
"VKI, NJ050 will you be attending the job?"
"Negative VKI, my desk is bolted to the floor".
WARSUG General Scanning Moderator
written_ficton
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by written_ficton »

If it's like Local Government Fleet Vehicles are issued with a card [similar to a credit card] which is used to fill the respective tanks. They only can purchase fuel.

If its anything like what we have as I understand because of being government the fuel price is lower than what a joe blow pays.
I've closed the door!
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

Well said WF. And on top of that - all Fuel Cards are "locked" to the individual vehicle - with the specific registration. Usually locked to Fuel & Oil only - but other agencies may be food items as well.

G
George
WARSUG Moderator
VFRS Member

"I am not one who was born in the possession of knowledge. I am one who is fond of antiquity, and earnest in seeking it there." — Confucius

Any views expressed in the above post are my own and do not necessarily depict or reflect the views or opinions of DFES/FRS or VBFB.
LighteningCrashes
150+ posts
150+ posts
Scanners and Receivers: Tait2020

Post by LighteningCrashes »

gkoutlis wrote:Well said WF. And on top of that - all Fuel Cards are "locked" to the individual vehicle - with the specific registration. Usually locked to Fuel & Oil only - but other agencies may be food items as well.

G
Not all are locked. We have some loan cards if the permanent card gets damaged. You used to also be able to get two stroke oil ;-) and car wash.