Please stop abusing each other

News, meet-ups, general questions, emergency services procedures etc

Moderators: vk6hgr, Zebedee

Donga
150+ posts
150+ posts

Please stop abusing each other

Post by Donga »

The last few days some members on this site have been abusing members eg swearing at other members, insulting members ect. just because they dont agree with the other members point of view. We all share the same interst and that is why we visti sites like this to learn more about our hobby and communicate with other members who share the same hobby of scanning. From time til time we may not agree with each other but that does not give anyone the right to insult any members of this site. Sometimes it may mean you have to agree to disagree but I dont think insulting a person will change there point of view. So at the end of the day lets not be abusive to anyone of this site and make every one feel welcome. Lets bring some harmony back here and focus on the reason we are here SCANNING
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

I Agree
JG-103

Post by JG-103 »

Yep, i agree too, its makin the site go down hill
scanvictoria

Post by scanvictoria »

Good points in that! To bad other sites dont follow.
Agreed 8)
madmikey

Post by madmikey »

I know of other forums that have started to ban users for a few days/week for abusing other users. not saying that that is the best way to go here, but perhaps for repeat offenders it may not hurt...
jmmw
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by jmmw »

suspension of posting rights through adminCP for 24/48 hours works well in deterring fools
scanvictoria

Post by scanvictoria »

This may also be a better conversation to take up with the Administrator(s)
Dont want to have this site's community feeling go down when visitor's come and see this sort of stuff.
Zebedee
Site Admin
Site Admin
Amateur callsign: VK6DB

Post by Zebedee »

OK I'm going to lock this thread, but there's no deep dark conspiracy behind it :)

I think whatever happened is now in the past and it's not going to be productive to continue analysing the factors surrounding it.

Thanks to everyone who's had something to say - it shows there's a lot of people out there who care about the forums... if nobody cared, we wouldn't have so many people posting their opinions.

For the future ... if you have a problem with a post (or heaven forbid a poster), please send a note to the moderator if there is one for that section or to an admin.

The policy of "light-touch" moderation is still in place but from time to time "stuff happens" - and when it does, the mods and admins will resolve that stuff in the best way possible for all concerned.

Thanks once again for your interest in WARSUG and please continue to participate in this online community for the betterment of scanning in Western Australia.

All the best,
Doug Bell (Zebedee) VK6DB
WARSUG Forum Administrator.

It is very dark.
You are likely to be eaten by a grue.