Members of rail groups?

News, meet-ups, general questions, emergency services procedures etc

Moderators: vk6hgr, Zebedee

NiSig
Scanners and Receivers: Uniden 200XLT handheld, Uniden 70XLT handheld, Icom 400 Pro transceiver(mobile), Uniden UH100 transceiver (base), A Uniden Pro640XL 27Mhz base/mobile, Some ancient Saiko base/mobile scanner, plus various UHF handhelds. Am I a radio geek yet?

Members of rail groups?

Post by NiSig »

G'day all,

I'm just curious, how many members on here are involved with railway preservation groups (like Hotham Valley) or other railway clubs (like AMRA)?

Australind, I've already counted you...
"Roger that, NiSig out"

Dave
Signals and Comms section, Castledare Miniature Railway
Signalling Interest Group of WA
Railpage
Channel 3 UHF and Channel 14 UHF where I answer to NiSig or Sandman
Nafenn

Re: Members of rail groups?

Post by Nafenn »

NiSig wrote:G'day all,

I'm just curious, how many members on here are involved with railway preservation groups (like Hotham Valley) or other railway clubs (like AMRA)?

Australind, I've already counted you...
Hey David,

I'm an active member at the Bennett Brook Railway out at whiteman park.

Driving, firing, all the fun stuff.
Nathan Fenn
WARSUG Aviation Band & Reviews Moderator

Anything I say is my opinion, and has nothing to do with/does not reflect the views of anyone I was/am/will be involved with/employed by/volunteer for/associated with. There, I think that should cover it!
NiSig
Scanners and Receivers: Uniden 200XLT handheld, Uniden 70XLT handheld, Icom 400 Pro transceiver(mobile), Uniden UH100 transceiver (base), A Uniden Pro640XL 27Mhz base/mobile, Some ancient Saiko base/mobile scanner, plus various UHF handhelds. Am I a radio geek yet?

Post by NiSig »

G'day Nathan,

I'll most likely catch ya out at the park some time, I used to be a BBR member myself but pulled out due to membership costs and travelling distance from the park. I've been meaning to get to the past couple of FOTTE days but it just hasn't happened. In the meantime the park channel is always in the scanner...
"Roger that, NiSig out"

Dave
Signals and Comms section, Castledare Miniature Railway
Signalling Interest Group of WA
Railpage
Channel 3 UHF and Channel 14 UHF where I answer to NiSig or Sandman
Nafenn

Post by Nafenn »

NiSig wrote:G'day Nathan,

I'll most likely catch ya out at the park some time, I used to be a BBR member myself but pulled out due to membership costs and travelling distance from the park. I've been meaning to get to the past couple of FOTTE days but it just hasn't happened. In the meantime the park channel is always in the scanner...
Its great fun - i've been out there for the FOTTEs, early start, late finish. I think i was guard on the last few.

Meh, good times.

Learning how to fire at the moment, all the fun and failure that goes with it :p
Nathan Fenn
WARSUG Aviation Band & Reviews Moderator

Anything I say is my opinion, and has nothing to do with/does not reflect the views of anyone I was/am/will be involved with/employed by/volunteer for/associated with. There, I think that should cover it!