Kalgoorlie streaming scanner now online

News, meet-ups, general questions, emergency services procedures etc

Moderators: vk6hgr, Zebedee

Pronida

Re: Kalgoorlie streaming scanner now online

Post by Pronida »

It has been down in my area (Kalgoorlie) for a couple of weeks now?
Anyone know what's going on?
dsjmd45
Scanners and Receivers: Various, but mainly use Uniden 396's or 72XLT.

Post by dsjmd45 »

The stream owner had a major infrastructure failure (his HDD died), and he is still working through ways of fixing the problem.
He had hoped that it would be fixed fairly quickly, but such has not been the case.
Unfortunately, you will simply have to be patient, and see what happens.

As a side issue, are you interested in the rail or VKI component of the stream ?

Regards
DSD
dsjmd45

Post by dsjmd45 »

As regular listeners would be aware, the stream has been down for the last couple of weeks or more, due to a serious infrastructure failure at the end of the stream provider.
He initially indicated that he hoped that he would be able to fix the problem fairly quickly, and naturally get back online.

:(
However, my recent communications with him have indicated that the problem is far more serious than he had originally thought, and it is going to take a little longer than he had originally anticipated. He is most certainly going to try and fix all the problems, and get the stream going, but it is now a time and effort issue. I should also add that the stream owner is looking at splitting the rail component from the VKI component, and running two separate streams.

:)
So please be patient. It might take a little while.

I will keep you informed as I become aware of developments.

Regards
DSD
dsjmd45

Post by dsjmd45 »

Please be aware that, as at tonight, the Kalgoorlie Streaming is back up and operational once again.

From what I have so far determined, there have been no fundamental changes made by the feed provider.
There is thus still VKI, Kalgoorlie, and various railway channels in the Kalgoorlie area and out on to the Nullarbor.

If anyone wants further information, make comments, or is having difficulties with the feed, please feel free to contact me privately. I will try to assist where I can, or seek clarification from the feed owner.

Regards
David
dsjmd45@bigpond.com
Pronida

Post by Pronida »

You are a life saver. I almost thought that the Kal cops had gone digital (although the prison hasn't yet....). But still! Glad to hear it back up! Fantastic :D