What Would You Do?

News, meet-ups, general questions, emergency services procedures etc

Moderators: vk6hgr, Zebedee

gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

Guys, - Thankyou for all your input into this. Millsy, - You are right - Everyone reserves the right to express there opinion. It's one of these tough subjects - knowing what to do, to prevent an incident.....

Walks, ever since that accident nearly 3 years ago to which I witnessed - it really was a wake up call.....that's why I am more inclinded to help prevent another incident....and seeing that lady in a hired van with a toddler in her lap (drivers seat) travelling at 70k's - is a great cause of concern although I can't do anything to stop her!!!! I'm not turning this into a Celebrity thing, but Britney Spears IS being investigated by Child Protection services - I mean for Godsake - she had an Infant infront of her with no seatbelts!!! It's still wrong!

Antt, Thankyou for your input too - and congratulations on your two new born bubs - I totally agree with you on your post. I know it's not in the description of Police Officers to go around following up on complaints that a parent has a child in on them -in the drivers seat. I know its a hard goose chase - but it's disturbing.

pdxn and vk6hgr, - Thanks too for your view on this! I would definatley intervene and or report incidents which involve infants - Like I said in the above - i have seen first hand of what happens when parents don't put their childs safety first.

Thanks to all who responded.
Ludacris
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Ludacris »

Ludacris wrote: Just remember that a traffic complaint can't be taken over the phone, you need to attend your local station and complete one and make a statement.... You then have to sign it saying you are willing to go to court....
Sorry shoul have been clearer on this..... If the offence has happened and the person has long gone, like in this instance then you need to go to the station....
If you are following someone (like possible drink driver) then of course you can call up....
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

Dear Ludacris,

Thankyou for clarifying this and will definatley keeping this inmind. I would image you would get to see all sorts of silly stuff out on the road...
WPXZBP

Post by WPXZBP »

Ludacris wrote:Sorry shoul have been clearer on this..... If the offence has happened and the person has long gone, like in this instance then you need to go to the station....
If you are following someone (like possible drink driver) then of course you can call up....
I've done this twice. The first time was last year was a motorcycle doing at least 140 past me on GE Hwy. Cops got him at 150 then lost him as they were turning around. Last I heard they had got him and Major Crime has been involved. :shock:

Rang the other day for an idiot who also screamed past me on GE Hwy. Dunno if they got him/her but did see the police on patrol.