Interesting sight today..

News, meet-ups, general questions, emergency services procedures etc

Moderators: vk6hgr, Zebedee

donks
150+ posts
150+ posts

Interesting sight today..

Post by donks »

At approx. 11:40am I was sitting on Willeri Drv, Canningvale. Infront of me was Canningvales LT and Canningvales Pumper..

The TCLs went green and i was wondering why they werent moving at all.. Next thing I know all the flashing lights start up... 6 Firies jump out and start getting changed into their turnout gear (jackets, overalls, and balaclava) Then when they had finished getting into their gear they took off under L&S eastbound on roe highway!..

It was just amazing to see that they had obviously got a call and and kind of caught me (and a few other drivers) off guard seeing them get changed in the middle of the road!! :lol:

I was also amazed that it all happened in not much more than 60seconds! lol.. wish i could get dressed that quick in the morning.. i could sleep in a bit more then! haha

Hopefully it wasnt a major incident they were turning out to.!
People call me an "Egotistic Jackass"... I prefer the term "Confident Donkey" --->Donks for short
Tyranus
Amateur callsign: VK6FWDH
Scanners and Receivers: UBC93XLT

Re: Interesting sight today..

Post by Tyranus »

ahhh interesting indeed! Hadn't really put much thought into what would happen if they were out of the station and got a call requiring level 2's. I suppose I probably would have guessed they'd get into it at the incident, but then you want to arrive at the incident 100% ready to go, and it's probably better to do it there and then and almost quicker even than doing it at the station.
Stirling SES
Team Leader (Stirling 53)
Vertical Rescue Team Member
K9 7 Support

VK6FWDH
ex-Darlington FB
WARSUG Demi-God I mean Mod
If stupidity got me into this mess, why can't it get me out.
Blinky
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Blinky »

and where's the camera when you want one. Mines usually at home. I keep saying I must put the camera in the car as there are always things happening that I wish I had a camera handy, and I mean a camera not a phone.

There are 10 types of people in this world. Those that understand binary and those who do not.
spartacus
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster
Amateur callsign: ONEDAYILLGETIT
Scanners and Receivers: ubc92xlt

Post by spartacus »

Small Digital Camera + Camera Case with belt loop = Never miss a moment :P
To stop displaying signatures, go to the User Control Panel > Board Preferences > Edit display options > Display signatures > No > Submit
playworth
Banned

Post by playworth »

[-o< dashcam mate. get A dashcam, your be amuse @ the amount of things, you would catch in the act.
NJ102 to VKI,where the option button on tadis.
VKI to NJ102,we dont have option button up here
woobla1
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by woobla1 »

and why drive around in appliances all day long in civvies?. Must cost a fortune to takes these things out on joyrides to McDonald's every lunchtime?.
CANT HEAR THE POLICE ANYMORE?
SEE THIS POST: http://warsug.info/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=4424
WPXZBP

Post by WPXZBP »

They're not in civvies. When on duty they wear a uniform over which they put on their PPE.

They quite often are on "out duties" (which may include things like inspections, familiarisations, publicity etc) or doing practice drills. Either of those may be the reason they had to put on their PPE in the middle of the road.
nra555
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by nra555 »

Their not going to drive around wear their full kit all day, that would get pretty heavy and hot after a while...
PRC-555
NRA-555

nra.org.au - join today to make UHF CB a more enjoyable band to use!
munchkin1981
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by munchkin1981 »

and smelly
It wasn't me honest.....it was the cat I'm sweet and innocent one :)