New Law not to protect Ambulance officers

News, meet-ups, general questions, emergency services procedures etc

Moderators: vk6hgr, Zebedee

jasonjag
Banned

New Law not to protect Ambulance officers

Post by jasonjag »

Hope this is the right spot to post, on tonights new it says that the new law being passed tonight to protect Police officers against attacks to or at Officers, BUT DOES not include Ambulance, Fire and Transit Officers. jj
canon
Banned

Re: New Law not to protect Ambulance officers

Post by canon »

jasonjag wrote:Hope this is the right spot to post, on tonights new it says that the new law being passed tonight to protect Police officers against attacks to or at Officers, BUT DOES not include Ambulance, Fire and Transit Officers. jj
Its a can of worms job isnt it. But lets play devils advocate here. As a police officer you have a duty to protect and serve the community in which part of their role is to aprehend a person with force if required. An ambo does not and needs to assess the dangers involved with any particular job and if deemed too risky then appropriate resources need to be utilised like perhaps the police. Where do we draw the line? Its a tough one.

Do we just say anyone in a uniform should be protected? Duty of care is a big thing but as employees of emergency services we also have a duty of care to ourselves primarily and we are trained to do so.

So in saying that, i think it would be great to have all emergency workers doctors security, school teachers, parking inspectors, trick or treaters, virtually everyone if ya get my drift :wink:
truth is stranger than fiction. Its better to tell the truth and accept your destiny than to BS your way through and have a lonely life.
woobla1
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by woobla1 »

as I said in another post I think need seperate law/ bill for police and one for everyone else inthe public service or indeed the public in general. mandatory minimums for all crimes.
CANT HEAR THE POLICE ANYMORE?
SEE THIS POST: http://warsug.info/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=4424
canon
Banned

Post by canon »

woobla1 wrote:as I said in another post I think need seperate law/ bill for police and one for everyone else inthe public service or indeed the public in general. mandatory minimums for all crimes.
Yep couldnt agree with ya more on that one
=D>
truth is stranger than fiction. Its better to tell the truth and accept your destiny than to BS your way through and have a lonely life.
Zebedee
Site Admin
Site Admin
Amateur callsign: VK6DB

Post by Zebedee »

Since there's another similar topic about the same law in another section, I think it makes sense to have the discussion all in the one place :P

So, continue your thoughts in this thread instead ;)
Doug Bell (Zebedee) VK6DB
WARSUG Forum Administrator.

It is very dark.
You are likely to be eaten by a grue.