Moderators: vk6hgr, Zebedee

written_ficton
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Re: Parking of Emergency Vehicles

Post by written_ficton »

Toottoot wrote:
written_ficton wrote:
Toottoot wrote:And the other thing is if a woman did get hit by a car and it came out in court that the old man across the road had a photo of the police officer talking to a local government ranger in the morning when they were setting it up, and the ranger didn't say anything to the police officer but instead said it was a good idea and the boss says we don't have to worry about police cars because they can park wherever they want, then it could be argued that the ranger and his boss both failed in their duty of care and were partly responsible for the accident.

Bit of a long bow but these things can end up as convoluted as that.
Where did the woman come into this??????? The car is parked on the roundabout.... bid deal..... - NO WOMAN, no if or but scenes..... Its a van parked on the roundabout.....

least they are having an active presence in the suburb!
That seems to be the issue these days. People don't seem to be able to think for themselves. Can't see whats around the corner. I'm not having a go at you specifically so please don't think that.

I call it cognitive outsourcing - people just think 'well someone else said it so it must be true therefore I don't need to think anymore about it' so they just end up being sheep. (Often leave it up to Today Tonight and A Current Affair to do their thinking for them.)

I can see me walking along the street with my child in the pram, being forced to walk on the road then thinking 'Is this safe? What if...'. And if it was me and something did happen as a result of having to walk off the footpath I would be making sure those responsible for leaving the wretched van there are called to answer for their actions.

I guess what I am saying is I would argue strongly in court that based upon the clause 282 Fastlane has posted, the vehicle is parked illegally because the driver has not taken reasonable care. (It is hard to work out what that clause means without reading the rest of that and any other relevant acts.)

I shall agree to disagree on this one and leave it at that.
From that picture why would you need to walk on the road? Plenty of room behind...

Its all well and good throwing what - if questions, but its hasnt happened, and god forbid it won't... so why waste the time and effort replying [why am I?]

Its sounds like you have a saw thumb with the police?
I've closed the door!