Moderators: vk6hgr, Zebedee

Smithy
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Smithy »

I work on a mine and need early bed time. cant when its still light :(
Bonez

Post by Bonez »

I just built a new house, and can not believe how much my vertical blinds have faded since daylight saving.

I wake up at 6am every day, and the damage done by the sun is incredible. This has to stop.

The cows down at Harvey aren't producing as much milk as they should be and the whole world is almost ready to fall down a big hole.

</sarcasm>

Bring it on! I looooooooove daylight saving!
Chicky
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Re: sucks

Post by Chicky »

canon wrote:
Chicky wrote:I'm all for it. Nothing better than having some daylight time for myself when the kids are in bed :)
at least your kids go to bed on time. I dont have any but when i look after my nephew and niece its a nightmare to get them to bed when its still daylight outside lol
Yep, they sure do. Good ol' discipline. Clock says 7pm, off to bed. No arguments. Then it's my chill time :)
West Coast Eagles
AFL Premiers 1992, 1994 & 2006 and....... ;)
R/Up 1991 & 2005
Since 1987 and still going strong :)
Tyranus
Amateur callsign: VK6FWDH
Scanners and Receivers: UBC93XLT

Re: sucks

Post by Tyranus »

Chicky wrote:
canon wrote:
Chicky wrote:I'm all for it. Nothing better than having some daylight time for myself when the kids are in bed :)
at least your kids go to bed on time. I dont have any but when i look after my nephew and niece its a nightmare to get them to bed when its still daylight outside lol
Yep, they sure do. Good ol' discipline. Clock says 7pm, off to bed. No arguments. Then it's my chill time :)
Not allowed to discpline kids anymore! :roll: I still think robbages comment about how the solar powered repeaters/batteries would be enjoying the extra hour of sunlight! :P :lol:
Stirling SES
Team Leader (Stirling 53)
Vertical Rescue Team Member
K9 7 Support

VK6FWDH
ex-Darlington FB
WARSUG Demi-God I mean Mod
If stupidity got me into this mess, why can't it get me out.
BuddahFRS
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by BuddahFRS »

I think its good and bad.

its good when its summer as yeah we have an extra hour of helitacks. :)
but yeah bad as the sun goes down and ya get back on station and you think its about 8ish and its like 10 (i dont know how it works like that but yeah it happens to me lol)

its also bad at Christmas, as yeah i love my Christmas lights, but yeah it gets dark at about 9pm now, when all the kids are in bed, or i am in bed for work :( also trying to get to bed when its still light is crazy. and yeah driving to work when its dark. far out the traffic is bad enough in the morning when its light, then again when its dark. :(:(:(
----BUDDAH VFRS----
Blinky
150+ posts
150+ posts

Timezone and daylight savings

Post by Blinky »

WPXZBP wrote:Remember to change your time zone settings back to regular time.
:smt022 most likely for the last time

There are 10 types of people in this world. Those that understand binary and those who do not.