Car accidents, intoxicated and noisy parties...

News, meet-ups, general questions, emergency services procedures etc

Moderators: vk6hgr, Zebedee

Robb

Car accidents, intoxicated and noisy parties...

Post by Robb »

In Australian culture the grand final night is a time where many buy a carton of beer and get drunk. The TPS TAS and SES have all been working around the clock today, however it has only just got started here in Tassie. We have had a female covered in blood at a popular pub in Hobart CBD, complaint after complaint of noisy parts on EDACS and the SES assisting intoxicated drivers who crashed their car. I think my pager says 2 incidents. The TAS has had to deal with calls for help from alcohol related injuries.
Happy scanning,

Robb Wise,
Scanning Tasmania
www.scanningtasmania.org
Uniden UBC9000XLT & UBCD 996 & 396T. Icom RX7. SW: Sangean ATS 505 & 909
playworth
Banned

Post by playworth »

cant wait til NYE or australian day :roll:
NJ102 to VKI,where the option button on tadis.
VKI to NJ102,we dont have option button up here
munchkin1981
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by munchkin1981 »

playworth wrote:cant wait til NYE or australian day :roll:
i can i still remeber this year on nye helping a guy who had been belted in head multiple times from loosing consc and swollowing his on vomit
It wasn't me honest.....it was the cat I'm sweet and innocent one :)
playworth
Banned

Post by playworth »

i can remember filming guy getting belted.and then i end up been taxi for many ppl. driving up dwn mullaloo and hillarys area.
nra555
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by nra555 »

playworth wrote:i can remember filming guy getting belted.and then i end up been taxi for many ppl. driving up dwn mullaloo and hillarys area.
What an outstanding citizen, Some guy is getting bashed and you film it?
Ill sleep easy knowing there is people out there like you, willing to do their bit for the community
PRC-555
NRA-555

nra.org.au - join today to make UHF CB a more enjoyable band to use!
Turbo
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by Turbo »

Hes probably better off filming and using it as evidence than trying to intervene and getting bashed. Obviously it depends on the circumstances.
nra555
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by nra555 »

Turbo wrote:Hes probably better off filming and using it as evidence than trying to intervene and getting bashed. Obviously it depends on the circumstances.
LOL That's a joke right?, I guarantee the only thing he's going to do with that video is put it on you-tube.
PRC-555
NRA-555

playworth
Banned

Post by playworth »

nra555 wrote:
Turbo wrote:Hes probably better off filming and using it as evidence than trying to intervene and getting bashed. Obviously it depends on the circumstances.
LOL That's a joke right?, I guarantee the only thing he's going to do with that video is put it on you-tube.
nope.. it never will go on youtube. but hey if you dont trust me ill send you 2 year worth of footage and you can see it. only for price of $500 and all faces blur and unedited. from wht my memory stick tells me their about 1100 hrs of footage/ have fun sunshine
Donga
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Donga »

I have to agree with Turbo on his comments I would rather stay out of things and film for evidence then intervene and being hurt myself. I am guessing he would have called for help aswell.
nra555
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by nra555 »

let me get this right, if you were getting bashed you'd rather someone film it than step in a break it up...
when some cop is only going to rock up, fill out an IR and then take the video, only for the POI never to be seen again?

you would'nt need evidence if you prevent it in the first place.

people die in fights, that could have been easerly prevented if someone just stepped in and broke it up...

i don't know about you people but if one of my mates was in a fight id rather have someone step in and a few people get cuts/brusers then have a video of my dieing.
PRC-555
NRA-555

Tyranus
Amateur callsign: VK6FWDH
Scanners and Receivers: UBC93XLT

Post by Tyranus »

Yeah but if they're anything like me I'm a scrawny bugger as A_E, and Zeb and Meg can vouch for. I'm also no good at fighting it'd take 1 punch to knock me out cold or worse. While I may want to get in and help a mate I doubt even being angry would give me enough energy to do enough. Even if I did through him off balance he could punch me and do a runner. Now you've got 2 dazed people who can't really describe the dude where as if I film it or get a good photo or 2 if it goes up on tv someone will recognise the person.
Stirling SES
Team Leader (Stirling 53)
Vertical Rescue Team Member
K9 7 Support

VK6FWDH
ex-Darlington FB
WARSUG Demi-God I mean Mod
If stupidity got me into this mess, why can't it get me out.
nra555
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by nra555 »

The whole picture on TV trick rarely works mate, in the 21st century, people don't want to get involved, no one wants to testify against anyone, and its all too much hassle, if a car alarm goes off, people ignore it, when a POI's picture is shown on tv, people ignore it. No one cares anymore.
PRC-555
NRA-555

yorky

Post by yorky »

nra555 wrote:let me get this right, if you were getting bashed you'd rather someone film it than step in a break it up...
when some cop is only going to rock up, fill out an IR and then take the video, only for the POI never to be seen again?

people die in fights, that could have been easerly prevented if someone just stepped in and broke it up...

i don't know about you people but if one of my mates was in a fight id rather have someone step in and a few people get cuts/brusers then have a video of my dieing.
Well after you have said the above, someone tried to break up a fight in Woodvale, and guess what, they are now in hospital, brain dead.

I'll sure be helping out in a fight if I see one... :-k :^o
"VKI, NJ050 will you be attending the job?"
"Negative VKI, my desk is bolted to the floor".
WARSUG General Scanning Moderator
nra555
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by nra555 »

yorky wrote:
nra555 wrote:let me get this right, if you were getting bashed you'd rather someone film it than step in a break it up...

Well after you have said the above, someone tried to break up a fight in Woodvale, and guess what, they are now in hospital, brain dead.

And if they handnt jumped in, somone else would have been bottled, so whats your point?
PRC-555
NRA-555

playworth
Banned

Post by playworth »

nra555 wrote:
yorky wrote:

And if they handnt jumped in, somone else would have been bottled, so whats your point?
are we talking about woodvale fight or are we talking about backing each other up?? or is this convo just going out the window like aways.
some people are diffence and wanna do things there own way. yeah your right some people might not wanna get involed but they would if it was there friend car getting broking in too