Weird issue with this forum

News, meet-ups, general questions, emergency services procedures etc

Moderators: vk6hgr, Zebedee

meg
Amateur callsign: VK6LUX
Scanners and Receivers: Yaesu: FT990, FT857, FT7800, VX7R. Icom: ID800H. Old RS scanner.

Weird issue with this forum

Post by meg »

Hi all,

Reasonably frequently when I visit this forum from work (on a Windows machine), if I click on a link to a topic or thread, I get sent to this address instead:
https://www.paypal.com/mod_ssl:error:HTTP-request

I know there's the paypal link on this forum, but it happens when I click on posts, not on that.

It hasn't happened to me at home (on a Mac), do I have a virus or somesuch on the work box?

This is the only site where it occurs...

Cheers
Meg
Tyranus
Amateur callsign: VK6FWDH
Scanners and Receivers: UBC93XLT

Post by Tyranus »

nope, sounds like work is blocking paypal, so the data isn't coming through on the secure connection.
Meg you shouldn't have admitted that you have a Mac either, that's just well bad, they don't keep me employed...:D
Stirling SES
Team Leader (Stirling 53)
Vertical Rescue Team Member
K9 7 Support

VK6FWDH
ex-Darlington FB
WARSUG Demi-God I mean Mod
If stupidity got me into this mess, why can't it get me out.
meg
Amateur callsign: VK6LUX
Scanners and Receivers: Yaesu: FT990, FT857, FT7800, VX7R. Icom: ID800H. Old RS scanner.

Post by meg »

Tyranus wrote:nope, sounds like work is blocking paypal, so the data isn't coming through on the secure connection.
Meg you shouldn't have admitted that you have a Mac either, that's just well bad, they don't keep me employed...:D
Typical that random things get blocked... And I agree - I did support and system administration for many years and the Macs just don't make money for you in that business. Probably why I have them at home :wink:

Thanks Tyranus!