Commissioner's Comments

News, meet-ups, general questions, emergency services procedures etc

Moderators: vk6hgr, Zebedee

westernwedgey
150+ posts
150+ posts

Commissioner's Comments

Post by westernwedgey »

It was interesting to hear the Commissioner on the radio the other day stating he wanted 2 new choppers as Polair 61 is spending more time grounded for servicing and has come to the end of its time... :lol:

I thought i heard him say this last year, obviously the Governmnet is dragging it's heals on this one with the weight of the surplus

He also said "they (Gov) want to recruit 300 more officers but there would be nowhere to house them as over half the stations are already running over staff capacity at the moment". :shock:

They need to quickly build new premises for the police all over the state but particularly the Metro Area.

Interesting comments especially with an election coming, sounds like he is putting it fair and square on the agenda, fair enough too. :wink:
playworth
Banned

Post by playworth »

werent they gunna build police station in northbrigde?
NJ102 to VKI,where the option button on tadis.
VKI to NJ102,we dont have option button up here
written_ficton
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by written_ficton »

jasonjag
Banned

Post by jasonjag »

Westernwedged says: It was interesting to hear the Commissioner on the radio the other day stating he wanted 2 new choppers as Polair 61 is spending more time grounded for servicing and has come to the end of its time...

This state is so far behind the east coast, we are the wealthiest state and no excuse for the Gov to not equip the force with 2 decent choppers, , spend less on a new footy oval we dont need and put the taxes where they should be,,in Police, Hospitalss, Nurses and other urgent ammenitys..
Toottoot
Banned

Post by Toottoot »

And education. Spelling and grammar is appalling these days.

We may make a lot of money but a fair bit of it gets skimmed off and sent over east.
jmmw
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by jmmw »

Last edited by jmmw on Mon Jul 06, 2015 1:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Toottoot
Banned

Post by Toottoot »

Haha.

Protip: Why waste your time typing into word then pasting when the forum has spellcheck???

Though spellcheck is as close to an education as some people will get. You shouldnt knock it as it is obviously doing you wonders.
jmmw
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by jmmw »

Last edited by jmmw on Mon Jul 06, 2015 1:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Toottoot
Banned

Post by Toottoot »

You could be one day.
playworth
Banned

Post by playworth »

Toottootm 1
jmmw 0
WPXZBP

Post by WPXZBP »

:smt015
Tyranus
Amateur callsign: VK6FWDH
Scanners and Receivers: UBC93XLT

Post by Tyranus »

Toottoot wrote:And education. Spelling and grammar is appalling these days.
playworth wrote:Toottootm 1
jmmw 0
what did you say about spelling Toottoot??
Stirling SES
Team Leader (Stirling 53)
Vertical Rescue Team Member
K9 7 Support

VK6FWDH
ex-Darlington FB
WARSUG Demi-God I mean Mod
If stupidity got me into this mess, why can't it get me out.
Toottoot
Banned

Post by Toottoot »

There is a street in Secret Harbour and for a long time the T junction sign on Warnbro Sound Ave was spelt 'Martea' and the actual street sign 50m down the road had it spelt something like 'Maratea'. It's fixed up now but it took them a while. Rockingham - need I say any more.

I make mistakes all the time but it is a bit slack when there are the red lines right in front of you and not right clicking and changing it to the correct spelling.

Anyway it should be two points for the euchre - I believe jmmw called.
playworth
Banned

Post by playworth »

Toottoot wrote:There is a street in Secret Harbour and for a long time the T junction sign on Warnbro Sound Ave was spelt 'Martea' and the actual street sign 50m down the road had it spelt something like 'Maratea'. It's fixed up now but it took them a while. Rockingham - need I say any more.

I make mistakes all the time but it is a bit slack when there are the red lines right in front of you and not right clicking and changing it to the correct spelling.

i hate it when people dont clear a intersection..stupid selfish peak hour d***heads
Toottoot
Banned

Post by Toottoot »

playworth wrote:
Toottoot wrote:There is a street in Secret Harbour and for a long time the T junction sign on Warnbro Sound Ave was spelt 'Martea' and the actual street sign 50m down the road had it spelt something like 'Maratea'. It's fixed up now but it took them a while. Rockingham - need I say any more.

i hate it when people dont clear a intersection..stupid selfish peak hour d***heads
I hate it when I go to use the blender and i get halfway through blending and realise that nothing is getting blended up and when I check it is because someone has put corks over the blender blades so the kids don't cut there fingers when they use it.