TEGS......................or the end of.........

News, meet-ups, general questions, emergency services procedures etc

Moderators: vk6hgr, Zebedee

Lucas_arts_182

Post by Lucas_arts_182 »

the english style ones?? , i remember them having a write up on it in the paper but i havent seen any walk to that talk yet..
Always RX

Post by Always RX »

:lol: I knew the parking issue was gonna come up!
I know what you are saying also regarding the TEG being the easy option for backup and for real violent stuff I guess its warranted and it already happens.. but it just seems to me if you are going to have a dedicated traffic unit then as much as possible their operations should be kept separate from general duties. I suppose as an example a TE car gets called to a domestic.... Dad needs to be arrested , Mum needs to go to hospital and the kids need to be removed to care. How many traffic stops will that car get to make that shift?? not many i suspect.
Tyranus
Amateur callsign: VK6FWDH
Scanners and Receivers: UBC93XLT

Post by Tyranus »

yorky wrote:
Always RX wrote:I am sure the Organised crime unit , Mounted section , Water police and Air wing would also be happy to
OCU, there heads should be stuck into the case files.
Where would they park the horses?
Where would they park the boat?
Where would they park the chopper?

I see what you mean but I think they see TEG as being on the road in the same areas as GD's so they get picked on first already having the equipment and vehicles.
Moor a boat :P :lol: sorry I had to.

Always RX, whole heartedly agree with you, these are very much a bandaid solution.
While this may work in the short term the government needs to think long term TEG lads and lasses are there for a reason, if everyone is handling the shoplifting and rowdy neighbours then who's there to catch the hoons and those that make our roads unsafe.
Yes maybe bringing in other teams will help alleviate things but shouldn't the water rats be out keeping the rivers safe from unsafe boaters?
Mounted section would probably be the best, I'm sure they can manage off their horses for a little bit, they still get their Friday and Saturday night walk through Northbridge I'm sure they won't mind if they get a days leave :lol:
No reason why for general patrols K9 can't be out and about, would add a bit to the whole PR thing
I suppose some of the teams just need to be coordinated better with the rest.
Yes a domestic might chew up a few resources but I wouldn't have thought you'd need more than 2 cars P2? Maybe 2 cars and 2 bikes if the bikes are the closest or 1 car if that's all thats required but when there's a 5th car saying yeah can I join the party...
Jeez danny you've really started something here! lol but it has lead into an interesting discussion.
Stirling SES
Team Leader (Stirling 53)
Vertical Rescue Team Member
K9 7 Support

VK6FWDH
ex-Darlington FB
WARSUG Demi-God I mean Mod
If stupidity got me into this mess, why can't it get me out.
Toottoot
Banned

Post by Toottoot »

It comes back to luck a bit - if TEG vehicles get called to back up someone else then they are on the road with more of a chance of catching someone doing something wrong than if they were sitting on an overpass with a laser.

I believe that it is a more efficient use of resources to have them multi task. I spend heaps of time on the road and see more GD cars than TE cars.
danny
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by danny »

Tyranus wrote:Jeez danny you've really started something here! lol but it has lead into an interesting discussion.
That was the point, for a interesting discussion :)

I think alot of people forget TEGS already attend alot of urgent tasks and alot of traffic crashes already. When cars are calling for urgent back up, theres not a officer at the office that wont get there as quick as the car will allow, trust me.

According to that report we attended 700 non traffic jobs last year as it was.

If you remember the TV show "The Force", TEGS went to a domestic out of hand and backed up the cars already there.

Its not that the guys dont want to do the work, its just that there is not enough coppers out there to start with...and thats the problem.

Officers that apply and go to TEGS are there as they want to make a difference to the road toll and reduce accidents and catch hoons. I have lost track of the amount of times i have stopped a vehicle really hammering (45kph+ over the limit) only to have a member of the public stop and say good job, that bloke just passed me and was driving like a dic*head.

If they wanted to catch burglarys, and thieves then they will go to a general duties spot, each to their own.

Not all officers like traffic cops but we all wear the same uniform at the end of the day, we follow our own career path that we choose.

WAPOL needs dedicated sections such as TEGS, ROGS, TRG, MIG, K9, DEMONS, the list goes on...

If i remember correctly this is how TOGS (Traffic Operations Group) went downhill.....then got re introduced in 2000. TEGS then was reopened in 2005.

Lets hope its not heading that way, or the roads will be a free for all.....
Last edited by danny on Sun Mar 23, 2008 10:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.
danny
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by danny »

Toottoot wrote: I believe that it is a more efficient use of resources to have them multi task. I spend heaps of time on the road and see more GD cars than TE cars.
Considering how many GD cars there are compared to TE cars there are, thats no surprise.

Have a look at the WARSUG vehicle list, then you might understand why you see more GD cars....

http://www.geocities.com/wapol07
playworth
Banned

Post by playworth »

hey TK109 is kinda join site. i was talking to him thursday night at the burswood gold course.
NJ102 to VKI,where the option button on tadis.
VKI to NJ102,we dont have option button up here
Tyranus
Amateur callsign: VK6FWDH
Scanners and Receivers: UBC93XLT

Post by Tyranus »

playworth wrote:hey TK109 is kinda join site. i was talking to him thursday night at the burswood gold course.
Sorry what was the first bit?? TK109 is going to join WARSUG because you spoke to him at Burswood ?golf? course?
hmmmm
Stirling SES
Team Leader (Stirling 53)
Vertical Rescue Team Member
K9 7 Support

VK6FWDH
ex-Darlington FB
WARSUG Demi-God I mean Mod
If stupidity got me into this mess, why can't it get me out.
AV201
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by AV201 »

playworth wrote:hey TK109 is kinda join site. i was talking to him thursday night at the burswood gold course.
Your a BLOUSE!
playworth
Banned

Post by playworth »

AV201 wrote:
Your a BLOUSE!

thank mate. long gone
NJ102 to VKI,where the option button on tadis.
VKI to NJ102,we dont have option button up here
Toottoot
Banned

Post by Toottoot »

The TE xxx cars should be Ax xxx cars. Under the control of the district and can deal with district issues as they see fit.

What is the difference in duties between TE and Ax anyway?
yorky

Post by yorky »

Toottoot wrote:The TE xxx cars should be Ax xxx cars. Under the control of the district and can deal with district issues as they see fit.

What is the difference in duties between TE and Ax anyway?
TE are *Traffic Enforcement* They enforce the traffic rules.

Ax are tasked to local traffic related jobs.
"VKI, NJ050 will you be attending the job?"
"Negative VKI, my desk is bolted to the floor".
WARSUG General Scanning Moderator
Toottoot
Banned

Post by Toottoot »

Whats the difference between a traffic rule enforcement that TE do and a local traffic job that an Ax car will do?
yorky

Post by yorky »

Toottoot wrote:Whats the difference between a traffic rule enforcement that TE do and a local traffic job that an Ax car will do?
You cruise past a TE car 10k's over, you get a ticket.

You start hooning/acting like a tool and someone calls in a job, an Ax car is TASKED to attend.
"VKI, NJ050 will you be attending the job?"
"Negative VKI, my desk is bolted to the floor".
WARSUG General Scanning Moderator
Toottoot
Banned

Post by Toottoot »

Do TE cars get TASKED to attend traffic offences or only Ax cars? Do Ax cars do RBTs and lasers or is that TE cars?