TEGS......................or the end of.........

News, meet-ups, general questions, emergency services procedures etc

Moderators: vk6hgr, Zebedee

yorky

Post by yorky »

Toottoot wrote:Do TE cars get TASKED to attend traffic offences or only Ax cars? Do Ax cars do RBTs and lasers or is that TE cars?
(correct me if I'm wrong on any of these danny)

TE cars don't get tasked, however I'm sure if they hear it on the radio they may float past.

Ax cars also partake in RBTs and laser on there own if they are quiet. Obviously the TE breath section do the bus's.
"VKI, NJ050 will you be attending the job?"
"Negative VKI, my desk is bolted to the floor".
WARSUG General Scanning Moderator
Clontarf[X]

Post by Clontarf[X] »

kinda on topic (or not). saw a TE with a young bloke in a VT commodor pulled on west swan road just down from the prison. the VT driver didn't look too happy :D
danny
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by danny »

yorky wrote:
Toottoot wrote:Do TE cars get TASKED to attend traffic offences or only Ax cars? Do Ax cars do RBTs and lasers or is that TE cars?

TE cars don't get tasked, however I'm sure if they hear it on the radio they may float past.

Ax cars also partake in RBTs and laser on there own if they are quiet. Obviously the TE breath section do the bus's.
As with most Police Vehicles TE has a AVL (Auto Vehicle Locater), if a job comes up and we are close, ie a crash or cars cutting up and hooning etc, we get asked to attend if the district cars are tied up.
spartacus
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster
Amateur callsign: ONEDAYILLGETIT
Scanners and Receivers: ubc92xlt

Post by spartacus »

yorky wrote:

Also read todays Sunday times pg, 8
To stop displaying signatures, go to the User Control Panel > Board Preferences > Edit display options > Display signatures > No > Submit
Toottoot
Banned

Post by Toottoot »

Don't tell me there was something worth reading in the Sunday Times.
playworth
Banned

Post by playworth »

Toottoot wrote:Don't tell me there was something worth reading in the Sunday Times.
back page helps my day
NJ102 to VKI,where the option button on tadis.
VKI to NJ102,we dont have option button up here
jmmw
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by jmmw »

Last edited by jmmw on Mon Jul 06, 2015 2:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
GC101
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by GC101 »

Difference is district traffic cars i.e. AG AN etc... Are attached to a district TEG are a state wide 'independent' resource not tied up to a district...
Tyranus
Amateur callsign: VK6FWDH
Scanners and Receivers: UBC93XLT

Post by Tyranus »

Saw it but evidently your download limit on your broadband isn't maxed out. Plus you got it before me...glad someone did though ;)
Stirling SES
Team Leader (Stirling 53)
Vertical Rescue Team Member
K9 7 Support

VK6FWDH
ex-Darlington FB
WARSUG Demi-God I mean Mod
If stupidity got me into this mess, why can't it get me out.
Zebedee
Site Admin
Site Admin
Amateur callsign: VK6DB

Post by Zebedee »

danny wrote:
Tyranus wrote:Jeez danny you've really started something here! lol but it has lead into an interesting discussion.
That was the point, for a interesting discussion :)

I think alot of people forget TEGS already attend alot of urgent tasks and alot of traffic crashes already. When cars are calling for urgent back up, theres not a officer at the office that wont get there as quick as the car will allow, trust me.

According to that report we attended 700 non traffic jobs last year as it was.
If the TEGS are already attending urgent situations that's technically "not their job", could this move be nothing more sinister than formalising what already happens in reality?

I hate to sound cynical, and I don't really mean it as such, but is it an arse-covering exercise for someone, so they don't get in trouble for sending TEGS officers to a non-TEGS job? (And I really don't mean that in an unkind way, but hey - everyone's got to make sure that they're working within "the rules", and if "the rules" aren't working then they might need to be changed...)

To be honest I was disappointed in the Sunday Times for the article, and found it a tad hypocritical that on the same page was also an article criticising the police for being late to P2 jobs. They can't have it both ways (well, actually they can, they're the media, where rules of common sense rarely apply :P )

As others have said, the simple answer is more police - but to achieve that, the option of becoming a police officer has to be made more attractive, and more work has to go into improving conditions for police so they don't get fed up and leave.

Just my 2c worth - let the flaming begin :)
Doug Bell (Zebedee) VK6DB
WARSUG Forum Administrator.

It is very dark.
You are likely to be eaten by a grue.
Toottoot
Banned

Post by Toottoot »

I believe that the TEG section should stay but be nothing more than administration.

The TEG cars should go back to the district to focus on local areas and develop local knowledge. Also to be in the area when non traffic jobs come in and be able to respond if not otherwise engaged.

When there are major traffic operations they should be co ordinated by the administrative TEG section who ring district supervisors and request cars for jobs. Buses to be sent to districts also but available for coordinated responses.

That way there is more chance of seeing TEG cars out there.
Tyranus
Amateur callsign: VK6FWDH
Scanners and Receivers: UBC93XLT

Post by Tyranus »

Toottoot wrote:I believe that the TEG section should stay but be nothing more than administration.

The TEG cars should go back to the district to focus on local areas and develop local knowledge. Also to be in the area when non traffic jobs come in and be able to respond if not otherwise engaged.

When there are major traffic operations they should be co ordinated by the administrative TEG section who ring district supervisors and request cars for jobs. Buses to be sent to districts also but available for coordinated responses.

You wouldn't see TEG cars out there with your plan, you would see more district cars. There would no longer be TExxx. i.e. if Danny was moved to midland he'd be HM7xx.
Stirling SES
Team Leader (Stirling 53)
Vertical Rescue Team Member
K9 7 Support

VK6FWDH
ex-Darlington FB
WARSUG Demi-God I mean Mod
If stupidity got me into this mess, why can't it get me out.
Toottoot
Banned

Post by Toottoot »

Either/either - doesnt matter what the call sign they would do the same job. Even with Ax call signs can leave livery marked up as HWP or other hi vis.
playworth
Banned

Post by playworth »

Tyranus wrote:
Toottoot wrote:I believe that the TEG section should stay but be nothing more than administration.

You wouldn't see TEG cars out there with your plan, you would see more district cars. There would no longer be TExxx. i.e. if Danny was moved to midland he'd be HM7xx.
hey danny say hello to bones/sketeon for me,he at cannington now doing AJ.
NJ102 to VKI,where the option button on tadis.
VKI to NJ102,we dont have option button up here
donks
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by donks »

danny wrote:
Ausrob wrote:Outsource office work, 1 police officer per car then we don't need TEG as their will be plenty of cars on road to do random stops.
OH&S means 2 officers per car, better safety :)

With traffic work 2 officers seeing the same thing is alot better evidence than the old one on one.
just a quicky RE Motorbike Police Officers.... Do they usually always travel in pairs? and also do they work @ night time?

I have never seen a police motorbike on duty at night... unless its a special event ect...

cheers
People call me an "Egotistic Jackass"... I prefer the term "Confident Donkey" --->Donks for short