Signature Photograph

News, meet-ups, general questions, emergency services procedures etc

Moderators: vk6hgr, Zebedee

Avtur50_exVet

Signature Photograph

Post by Avtur50_exVet »

G'day
I was looking at a particular Image of a glock repeatedly being fired How sick is this I wonder if the user of this image has ever been under fire for real or does this person find the operation of an automatic weapon something to be taken lightly.
A firearm is not a toy it is a item related to death and every bullet that is expended from the barrel is carrying a lethal message.
This may i add is no different to having a picture of a car repeatedly knocking down a pedestrian.
I am sure that there are quite a few adolescents who use this forum
and seeing that sort of an image does not do much to enhance what this forum is all about Maybe a radio with proagation waves eminating would be more appropriate,
Many thanks for the informative site.
Regards Pat
I'm an ex Serviceman Viet Vet Ret'd

Honour The Dead
Fight Like Hell For The Living
Toottoot
Banned

Post by Toottoot »

Why dont you PM the user and ask him?

This is not really an appropriate thread for the WAPOL section. I would like to thank you for your attempt to make the world a better place, yet you will notice that while this site is called the WA Radio Scanners Group the title is just a front for gossip about emergency services personnel.
Ludacris
150+ posts
150+ posts

Re: Signature Photograph

Post by Ludacris »

Avtur50_exVet wrote:G'day
I was looking at a particular Image of a glock repeatedly being fired How sick is this I wonder if the user of this image has ever been under fire for real or does this person find the operation of an automatic weapon something to be taken lightly.
A firearm is not a toy it is a item related to death and every bullet that is expended from the barrel is carrying a lethal message.
This may i add is no different to having a picture of a car repeatedly knocking down a pedestrian.
I am sure that there are quite a few adolescents who use this forum
and seeing that sort of an image does not do much to enhance what this forum is all about Maybe a radio with proagation waves eminating would be more appropriate,
Many thanks for the informative site.
Regards Pat
Pat,

I have removed the image just for you.... Like said above maybe if you have a problem with it you may have sent me a pm rather than start a thread about it.
The picture I had is very different from having a car hit a pedestrian... If the picture was showing the gun shooting someone then I could understand.
But to save any hassle the picture has been removed.

See easy as that.... :D :lol:
Ludacris
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Ludacris »

Mods,

This may aswell be closed... the matter has been sorted.....
"If you do what you have always done, you will get what you have always got"
celestial_insight
Banned

Post by celestial_insight »

Actually, I disagree. If that knob has a problem with a gun being fired, let him go away. The gun signature may represent someone using it at a firing range, or as a sport. As Lud said, it wasn't shooting anyone, and if it was, who cares? This doesn't mean that members or guests of this forum will go out and shoot people. There are plenty of movies and video games that have guns in them, I have seen the Olympics that has guns being used, and I have seen law enforcement officers carrying guns, but it hasn't made me want to shoot anyone. If the Get a Life thread was really meant for anyone, it was for the guy that started this thread. I say "like it or lump it" - people's signatures are their own choice so discontinue your membership with this forum if it really bothers you.
Tyranus
Amateur callsign: VK6FWDH
Scanners and Receivers: UBC93XLT

Post by Tyranus »

:smt063 :smt066 :smt067 :smt068 :smt070 :smt071 :smt073
Please remove the above smileys cause the depict someone shooting at something! Or they promote suicide bombings.

Thats about how pathetic the request for the signature block modification was!
Stirling SES
Team Leader (Stirling 53)
Vertical Rescue Team Member
K9 7 Support

VK6FWDH
ex-Darlington FB
WARSUG Demi-God I mean Mod
If stupidity got me into this mess, why can't it get me out.
earmuff man

Post by earmuff man »

man its a gun, yes it can be used to kill someone. what cant? I see about 10 things on my desk at the moment i could kill someone with. I get behind the wheel of something each day that kills more people that guns.

I like to go out and have a shoot every now and then, even when its stressful like a requal, yes, its fun, its even better when we have a competition to see who can shot the target the most accurately.

does this make me a sick freak who is read to kill everyone?

no.

stop being sensitive.
celestial_insight
Banned

Post by celestial_insight »

Oh, and don't get me started on Toottoots sexy image!!
yorky

Post by yorky »

I've said it once and I'll say it again, guns don't kill people, people kill people.
"VKI, NJ050 will you be attending the job?"
"Negative VKI, my desk is bolted to the floor".
WARSUG General Scanning Moderator
Jared
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Jared »

You guys are all a bunch of jerks :|
playworth
Banned

Post by playworth »

8) hahaha say that to fire fighter or police officer or even to volllie. go on say it to their faces and see how u go :wink:
NJ102 to VKI,where the option button on tadis.
VKI to NJ102,we dont have option button up here
westernwedgey
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by westernwedgey »

Perhaps people the answer to his concern is in his tag, Ex Viet Vet...he would have seen the end result of gun use many times...

I can understand his concern from this angle and that he should have PM'd Lud or the Admin.

It his constitutional right to freely air an opinion regardless of how we feel about it...It is ours to respond but without the personal attacks perhaps.

He has after all gone to fight (presumably) for our country, whether in hindsight that was right or wrong, he probably had no say in it. And this is something i believe NONE of you have had to or at least very few would of.

Not flaming just providing my opinion...
Millsy

Post by Millsy »

westernwedgey wrote:Perhaps people the answer to his concern is in his tag, Ex Viet Vet...he would have seen the end result of gun use many times...

I can understand his concern from this angle and that he should have PM'd Lud or the Admin.

It his constitutional right to freely air an opinion regardless of how we feel about it...It is ours to respond but without the personal attacks perhaps.

He has after all gone to fight (presumably) for our country, whether in hindsight that was right or wrong, he probably had no say in it. And this is something i believe NONE of you have had to or at least very few would of.

Not flaming just providing my opinion...
And I agree 110%. Though His methods about voicing his concerns could of been handled better.
Ludacris
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Ludacris »

Guys get over it, its gone..... :D
Craig

Post by Craig »

westernwedgey wrote:<snip>
It his constitutional right to freely air an opinion regardless of how we feel about it...</snip>
We don't have this constitutional right. That would be the USA you're thinking of. :smt002

Just stirring the pot...