New Penalties

News, meet-ups, general questions, emergency services procedures etc

Moderators: vk6hgr, Zebedee

westernwedgey
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by westernwedgey »

Toottoot wrote:Dont know where Mundaring lakes rd is.
It's the continuation of Gt Eastern Hwy, from Mundaring thru Sawyers Valley, Stoneville to the Lakes Rd turn off at the roadhouse, i thinx.
dazla
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by dazla »

I think more Traffic and GD cars should be unmarked, you are able to get more results in an unmarked car.

People know what the speed limit is and they know what the road rules are, if they don't want to comply with them then don't complain when they get a TIN or two.

I often sit off stop signs and book 20 people in half an hour for going through it, one after the other.

For gods sake, its a big RED STOP SIGN,
Tyranus
Amateur callsign: VK6FWDH
Scanners and Receivers: UBC93XLT

Post by Tyranus »

dazla wrote:I think more Traffic and GD cars should be unmarked, you are able to get more results in an unmarked car.

People know what the speed limit is and they know what the road rules are, if they don't want to comply with them then don't complain when they get a TIN or two.

I often sit off stop signs and book 20 people in half an hour for going through it, one after the other.

Good! I've seen a number of cars pulled off at the end of Carcoola St in Nollamara doing just that, didn't work it out till someone pointed it out. That was usually a marked car too with the cops standing outside and pulling them over in plain view. The next person would of course do exactly the same thing! But they should be doing it at the Woodbridge Hotel in Guildford too. Most people treat that as giveway, and get fed up when stop and check.
Stirling SES
Team Leader (Stirling 53)
Vertical Rescue Team Member
K9 7 Support

VK6FWDH
ex-Darlington FB
WARSUG Demi-God I mean Mod
If stupidity got me into this mess, why can't it get me out.
vk6hgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
Amateur callsign: VK6HGR
Scanners and Receivers: Various Yaesu, Kenwood, Tait, Simoco and Philips'

Post by vk6hgr »

News: Showing off 'normal' for young drivers

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599,23 ... public_rss
Gavin Rogers; VK6HGR
http://vk6hgr.ampr.org/
WARSUG forum administrator
Site and stream donations: https://www.paypal.me/vk6hgr
Zebedee
Site Admin
Site Admin
Amateur callsign: VK6DB

Post by Zebedee »

Hmmmmm.

I disagree with one of the findings. The article says that: "many did not understand the dangers of showing off for their mates by driving fast or dangerously."

Bollocks, says I :x

In today's day and age, there's so much information "out there" about road and car safety, that I don't think anyone could reasonably give the "uhhhhh, I didn't know" excuse and sound even remotely credible.

My take on it is the article should probably have read that: "many did not care about the dangers of showing off for their mates by driving fast or dangerously."
Doug Bell (Zebedee) VK6DB
WARSUG Forum Administrator.

It is very dark.
You are likely to be eaten by a grue.
Cameron

Post by Cameron »

westernwedgey wrote:As has been mentioned previously increased fines may increase the amount of people unable to afford paying them...
How about the ability to work off fines??
How about fines not being raised to such levels with zero justification?

As it is now, it's going to be a much harder choice to stop or not for a lot of people, I know my bike will happily outrun the average sedan up to around 200 when drag really starts to take effect... not sure I'd be inclined to bother laying on the brakes if it came down to it anymore.

I'm not a career criminal, I pay my dues and I look after the society around me, but if somebody is going to try and sell me a $700 ticket to the policemans ball, they are sure as hell going to have to try and earn that ticket.
dazla wrote:I think more Traffic and GD cars should be unmarked, you are able to get more results in an unmarked car.
The naked cars aren't exactly hard to spot either ;)

Excellent! People running stop signs and red lights actually are bloody dangerous.
jasonjag
Banned

Fines

Post by jasonjag »

[quote="Cameron"][quote="westernwedgey"]As has been mentioned previously increased fines may increase the amount of people unable to afford paying them...
How about the ability to work off fines?? [/quote]

As it is now, it's going to be a much harder choice to stop or not for a lot of people, I know my bike will happily outrun the average sedan up to around 200 when drag really starts to take effect... not sure I'd be inclined to bother laying on the brakes if it came down to it anymore.

I'm not a career criminal, I pay my dues and I look after the society around me, but if somebody is going to try and sell me a $700 ticket to the policemans ball, they are sure as hell going to have to try and earn that ticket.

[quote="dazla"]I think more Traffic and GD cars should be unmarked, you are able to get more results in an unmarked car.[/quote]

[quote]I often sit off stop signs and book 20 people in half an hour for going through it, one after the other.

For gods sake, its a big RED STOP SIGN,[/quote]
Excellent! People running stop signs and red lights actually [i]are[/i] bloody dangerous.[/quote]

The answer is simple, obey the signs and the law, and it won't cost you a cent,
Cameron

Re: Fines

Post by Cameron »

jasonjag wrote:The answer is simple, obey the signs and the law, and it won't cost you a cent,
The law isn't always right. Ever taped anything off TV that isn't the queens annual address? Want to know how many laws you break by doing so?

Try thinking a little for yourself sir.
yorky

Re: Fines

Post by yorky »

Cameron wrote:
jasonjag wrote:The answer is simple, obey the signs and the law, and it won't cost you a cent,
The law isn't always right. Ever taped anything off TV that isn't the queens annual address? Want to know how many laws you break by doing so?

Try thinking a little for yourself sir.
Also try searching, that 'issue' was reformed by the Attorney-General a couple of years back. You can most certainly tape TV for personal use.
"VKI, NJ050 will you be attending the job?"
"Negative VKI, my desk is bolted to the floor".
WARSUG General Scanning Moderator
PFO
Banned

Post by PFO »

Edit by admin - inappropriate language
jasonjag
Banned

Running Stop and Red lights

Post by jasonjag »

Cameron wrote:
westernwedgey wrote:As has been mentioned previously increased fines may increase the amount of people unable to afford paying them...
How about the ability to work off fines??

Excellent! People running stop signs and red lights actually are bloody dangerous.
I also in my Job see hundreds per day, run Stop Signs and Red Lights, nothing short of fools. hence so many 315's.
Cameron

Post by Cameron »

PFO wrote:sorry cameron but one day youll be the nob spanker that hits a pedestrian
Thought I already made it pretty damn clear there are times and places to act up, and that traffic heavy areas or residential ones were not the place?

Still, seems a pretty solid habit of this forum to ignore things that don't fit your bad ideas.
Cameron

Post by Cameron »

Here's some reading on speeding and fatality rates with info from across the globe.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/LIVING/wayoflif ... index.html

Again, higher limits != more death. :roll:
Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Cameron wrote: Again, higher limits != more death. :roll:
But lower limits = more fine revenue. Gee, who'd have thunk it? :lol:
PFO
Banned

Post by PFO »

came not sure I'd be inclined to bother laying on the brakes if it came down to it anymore.

Thats what you wrote cameron so thus the reaction that you recieved. Deserves nothing more and nothing less.
gcs of 3