Is it legal?

News, meet-ups, general questions, emergency services procedures etc

Moderators: vk6hgr, Zebedee

Night_Ryder
150+ posts
150+ posts

Is it legal?

Post by Night_Ryder »

I found an excellant place, at the Perth international Airport, where I can do plane spotting however it is within the airport's fire training area, approx. 400m from the threshold of runway 24. I have been there a few times and had no problems with authorities. I even had a security car, from the airport, drive straight passed me. I am just wondering whether anyone out there knows of this area and could give some advice on the legalities of the area. Cheers.
ADMIN NOTE: Account details transferred to "Reevesy"
Kombi

Re: Is it legal?

Post by Kombi »

Night_Ryder wrote:I found an excellant place, at the Perth international Airport, where I can do plane spotting however it is within the airport's fire training area, approx. 400m from the threshold of runway 24. I have been there a few times and had no problems with authorities. I even had a security car, from the airport, drive straight passed me. I am just wondering whether anyone out there knows of this area and could give some advice on the legalities of the area. Cheers.
It is legal as far as i know as its not inside the emergency gates or fence, if you are meaning the road that runs of Kalamunda rd, near the row's of Lights ? Iv'e been there lots of times over the years, with no problems, better place is just west of Kalumunda rd x bypass rd at the end of runway 21, espcially for heavy's landing..
yorky

Post by yorky »

Hopefully AlwaysRX can answer this one :)
"VKI, NJ050 will you be attending the job?"
"Negative VKI, my desk is bolted to the floor".
WARSUG General Scanning Moderator
Always RX

Post by Always RX »

If you are inside the fence you are in trouble....if you are outside the fence and look suspicious you will attract attention...if you are outside the fence and behaving you are being watched... thats all i can say.
Night_Ryder
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Night_Ryder »

Well the spot is inside a fence but is still outside a huge, razor wire brimmed fence. I mean the first fence is flimsy and wouldnt keep a toddler out, so I assumed it wouldnt be a big deal passing it however at the large inner gate I dont try climbing and such I just sit there with my scanner and listen and watch.
ADMIN NOTE: Account details transferred to "Reevesy"
woobla

Post by woobla »

Always RX wrote:If you are inside the fence you are in trouble....if you are outside the fence and look suspicious you will attract attention...if you are outside the fence and behaving you are being watched... thats all i can say.
as has been said
I am sure you will be watched.

but if your wearing Jihad looking stereotypical attire e.g military jacket, black beard, turban, sure youll get the trg on you.

if how ever that you are a terorrist and dress like joe bloggs you wont have a problem at all.

Terrorists are very dumb you know :). They adhere to strict cultural sterotypes in order to blend into the populace.