Plain VE

News, meet-ups, general questions, emergency services procedures etc

Moderators: vk6hgr, Zebedee

nra555
150+ posts
150+ posts

Re: Plain VE

Post by nra555 »

A few months ago, on grand blvd, I noticed a white VE commodore with amber dash/deck lights, he was with the traffic control mob doing the new lakeside shopping center.
PRC-555
NRA-555

nra.org.au - join today to make UHF CB a more enjoyable band to use!
Tom
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by Tom »

The gold VE is from Main Roads. I see it parked at a house in Greenwood from time to time.
BuddahFRS
150+ posts
150+ posts

Re: Unmarked vehicle

Post by BuddahFRS »

crewman wrote:I have seen an unmarked vehicle like this before. It belonged to the City of Armadale and used by it's manager Ranger Services. It had dash and deck lighting because the guy was also the City's FCO (Fire Control Officer) ... but I imagine they'd need visible aerials ???

Like others have said, we can count out any Federal agencies.

Anyone have a picture of the Customs vehicles with red and blues by the way ?
nah it was not the Armadale FCO, he had about 6 antennas on his car, it looks like a porcupine. lol
----BUDDAH VFRS----
phreak
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by phreak »

BuddahFRS wrote:
crewman wrote:I have seen an unmarked vehicle like this before. It belonged to the City of Armadale and used by it's manager Ranger Services. It had dash and deck lighting because the guy was also the City's FCO (Fire Control Officer) ... but I imagine they'd need visible aerials ???

nah it was not the Armadale FCO, he had about 6 antennas on his car, it looks like a porcupine. lol
i see him every couple of days or so; i swear i count more and more antennas each time!
CDC Fire Rescue - Volunteer Firefighter
A52 - Volunteer Firefighter
BuddahFRS
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by BuddahFRS »

phreak wrote:
BuddahFRS wrote:

i see him every couple of days or so; i swear i count more and more antennas each time!
yeah thats true, and i have only seen him at about 4 fire calls.
----BUDDAH VFRS----
dobbo341

Post by dobbo341 »

Couple of other agencies have authority to have emergency warning devices, including Western Power, and DEC.