iMate JasJam

News, meet-ups, general questions, emergency services procedures etc

Moderators: vk6hgr, Zebedee

Zebedee
Site Admin
Site Admin
Amateur callsign: VK6DB

Post by Zebedee »

Are you running WM5 or WM6? Maybe tht makes a difference...
Doug Bell (Zebedee) VK6DB
WARSUG Forum Administrator.

It is very dark.
You are likely to be eaten by a grue.
Turbo
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by Turbo »

5 - is it worth going to 6?
Zebedee
Site Admin
Site Admin
Amateur callsign: VK6DB

Post by Zebedee »

Turbo wrote:5 - is it worth going to 6?
Well I found it much better. With WM5, my phone would lock up fairly regularly and require a pin-reset to kick it back into life again.

With WM6, it behaves much much better. It seems a bit faster, and it's definitely a lot more stable.

There's official firmware upgrades to go from WM5 to WM6 floating around and there's also custom jobs like WMBlack which BLiNG posted about earlier in this thread.

I've gone the safe route and loaded on the official Dopod ROM, but I've heard that the WMBlack one is pretty good.

It's worth mentioning of course that when you flash the ROM, it wipes everything from the device. All your custom software, settings, etc all goes away. So make sure you have all that backed up witih ActiveSync (on XP) or Windows Mobile Device Centre (on Vista) before you go doing anything rash :)
Doug Bell (Zebedee) VK6DB
WARSUG Forum Administrator.

It is very dark.
You are likely to be eaten by a grue.
Bonez

Post by Bonez »

I have a HTC p3600i which is the same as the Dopod 810 but with a slightly faster processor and WM6 instead of WM5.

I can change the default sms tone on mine without any problems? However I prefer the "YOU GOT MESSAGE!" one that is on as default :)

SPB mobile products are great, I have a couple of them and they were well worth the money.
Ambul8
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Ambul8 »

I forgot to post a big thanks to all who posted in reply to this question.

KInda slipped my mind being that I have been minus NextG reception for a month and back onto my Iridium Brick...

Thanks
Ambul8 - if u break urself i'll fix u! Maybe...
ImageImage