Kelvin Road train crossing..Interesting sight!

News, meet-ups, general questions, emergency services procedures etc

Moderators: vk6hgr, Zebedee

Zebedee
Site Admin
Site Admin
Amateur callsign: VK6DB

Post by Zebedee »

phreak wrote:
nachoman wrote:Cameras are now active... as of 1st May cautions will be issued for one month. As of 1st June expect infringements to be issued... four demerits and around a couple hundred bucks
is it for jumping the crossing during red lights? or going around the boom gates whilst they are down?
I believe it is both - there's been some ads in the paper over the last week or two about it. Keep an eye out, it quotes the relevant section of the road traffic code that someone is in breach of if they do the wrong thing at a level crossing...
Doug Bell (Zebedee) VK6DB
WARSUG Forum Administrator.

It is very dark.
You are likely to be eaten by a grue.
phreak
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by phreak »

Zebedee wrote:I believe it is both - there's been some ads in the paper over the last week or two about it. Keep an eye out, it quotes the relevant section of the road traffic code that someone is in breach of if they do the wrong thing at a level crossing...
haven't read the paper for a while, i'll def have a look out for it in the next few days or so. has there been any confirmation on the eact workings of it?
CDC Fire Rescue - Volunteer Firefighter
A52 - Volunteer Firefighter
Q4004
Location: Waiting for frequencie info on Transport in Western Australia

Post by Q4004 »

nachoman wrote:Cameras are now active... as of 1st May cautions will be issued for one month. As of 1st June expect infringements to be issued... four demerits and around a couple hundred bucks
Same rules also apply at the Welshpool Road crossing
nachoman
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by nachoman »

some vision from the cameras in this news article
http://www.watoday.com.au/wa-news/railw ... -2p04.html
Zebedee
Site Admin
Site Admin
Amateur callsign: VK6DB

Post by Zebedee »

Thanks Nachoman - the video attached to that news article is fairly interesting :)
Doug Bell (Zebedee) VK6DB
WARSUG Forum Administrator.

It is very dark.
You are likely to be eaten by a grue.
nachoman
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by nachoman »

Cameras catch 1200 drivers at rail crossings
http://www.news.com.au/perthnow/story/0 ... 61,00.html
some great vision included
Blinky
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Blinky »

it was on the CH7 News tonight about the camera's and showed some video of people trying to beat the boom gates.

I liked the bit about the woman who got stuck on the wrong side of the boom gate and in a panic drove across just as the train arrived and the rear of her car got clipped by the train...and rang up to complain.
donks
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by donks »

Blinky wrote:it was on the CH7 News tonight about the camera's and showed some video of people trying to beat the boom gates.

I liked the bit about the woman who got stuck on the wrong side of the boom gate and in a panic drove across just as the train arrived and the rear of her car got clipped by the train...and rang up to complain.
did her car actually get clipped?!?! i watched the footage on CH10.... didnt say that it clipped the car but i could easily believe it might of happened.!

guessing that train driver needed to change their undies at the next station. lol
People call me an "Egotistic Jackass"... I prefer the term "Confident Donkey" --->Donks for short
jasonjag
Banned

Nine showed

Post by jasonjag »

Blinky wrote:it was on the CH7 News tonight about the camera's and showed some video of people trying to beat the boom gates.

CH 9 showed a car playing chicken with the train, he was paper thin of getting clipped..Fools.
robbage
Amateur callsign: VK6UFO_VK6RN
Scanners and Receivers:  
Scanners/receivers
Diamond Welz WS1000 wideband handheld
Radioshack Pro 28 handheld
Uniden UBC72XLT handheld
Uniden UBC73XLT handheld
Uniden UBC330CRS desktop

Two-way
Yaesu VX-3R 2m/70cm Ham TRX and wideband RX handheld
Yaesu FT-1802M 2m Ham TRX mobile x 2
Yaesu FT-7800R 2m/70cm Ham TRX and wide band RX mobile
Icom IC-208H 2m/70cm Ham TRX and wide band RX mobile
Icom IC-706MKIIG all-band all-mode Ham TRX mobile
Icom IC-V85 2m VHF Ham TRX handheld
Wouxun KG-UVD1P VHF/UHF wideband Ham TRX handheld
Wouxun KG-679P VHF wideband Ham TRX handheld
Wouxun KG-713 UHF wideband Ham TRX handheld

Post by robbage »

It got clipped. I only noticed the second time, just near the end of the footage. I know I almost said WTF in front of my children. Reminds me of when I lived in Vic. If you didn't take off once the booms were just above roof height, the other drivers would get out and beat you with your own severed arms.
Rob
OF78WD
 Amateur moderator
Arguing with a fool proves there are two
Blinky
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Blinky »

donks wrote:

did her car actually get clipped?!?! i watched the footage on CH10.... didnt say that it clipped the car but i could easily believe it might of happened.!
Yeah on 7 they said it just clipped the rear of the car. Did not look like it caused much damage...Clipped means clipped I guess.

It said it was a woman and she rang up someone and complained the train hit her.... go figure
Tyranus
Amateur callsign: VK6FWDH
Scanners and Receivers: UBC93XLT

Post by Tyranus »

Yeah I saw someone get flashed for going too soon after the boom lifted when I was doing my HR Truck lessons! I'm pretty sure it was the motorbike next to me that set it off.
Stirling SES
Team Leader (Stirling 53)
Vertical Rescue Team Member
K9 7 Support

VK6FWDH
ex-Darlington FB
WARSUG Demi-God I mean Mod
If stupidity got me into this mess, why can't it get me out.
robbage
Amateur callsign: VK6UFO_VK6RN
Scanners and Receivers:  
Scanners/receivers
Diamond Welz WS1000 wideband handheld
Radioshack Pro 28 handheld
Uniden UBC72XLT handheld
Uniden UBC73XLT handheld
Uniden UBC330CRS desktop

Two-way
Yaesu VX-3R 2m/70cm Ham TRX and wideband RX handheld
Yaesu FT-1802M 2m Ham TRX mobile x 2
Yaesu FT-7800R 2m/70cm Ham TRX and wide band RX mobile
Icom IC-208H 2m/70cm Ham TRX and wide band RX mobile
Icom IC-706MKIIG all-band all-mode Ham TRX mobile
Icom IC-V85 2m VHF Ham TRX handheld
Wouxun KG-UVD1P VHF/UHF wideband Ham TRX handheld
Wouxun KG-679P VHF wideband Ham TRX handheld
Wouxun KG-713 UHF wideband Ham TRX handheld

Post by robbage »

It was obviously the train driver's fault. If you watch the video again carefully, you can see he makes no attempt to swerve around her...
Rob
OF78WD
 Amateur moderator
Arguing with a fool proves there are two
wasaint
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by wasaint »

:lol: Robbage you get my votes for commment of the week :lol:
donks
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by donks »

Tyranus wrote:Yeah I saw someone get flashed for going too soon after the boom lifted when I was doing my HR Truck lessons! I'm pretty sure it was the motorbike next to me that set it off.
saw someone get flashed today @ Welshpool Rd Xing... some business looking dude in his brand new Audi decided to creep into the 'danger zone' while the lights were still flashing.... would love to hear his argument when he cops the $200 fine... :roll:
People call me an "Egotistic Jackass"... I prefer the term "Confident Donkey" --->Donks for short