WAPOL Application

News, meet-ups, general questions, emergency services procedures etc

Moderators: vk6hgr, Zebedee

Schism_
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by Schism_ »

The academy training? 18 months in the academy I think.
Markmywords

Post by Markmywords »

That long...i thought it was like 6 months or something
Schism_
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by Schism_ »

Sorry, its just over 6 months lol. 26 weeks.
phreak
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by phreak »

i'm just at the starting phase of my application... i'm hoping everything goes well *fingers crossed*
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

phreak wrote:i'm just at the starting phase of my application... i'm hoping everything goes well *fingers crossed*
Good luck - and best wishes - I'll be stepping forward too - and am at the start - of completing my application - I actually talked to a friend who is at the Royal Show - Police Display - and will have a chat with recruitment tonight during my break...

All the best..

G
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

Can anyone in WAPOL or otherwise, please tell us - What the Psyc test is all about and why some people fail?? What exactly do they expect from you?? Apart from not being a freak with a chip on the shoulder.
Schism_
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by Schism_ »

I think it is to see if you understand the role as a Police officer and understand what is expected of you if your application is successful. From memory they pick on little things, but I guess it's their job, just got to be straight forward and honest, just don't admit that sometimes you feel like killing your girlfriend, that may be frowned upon :wink:
Toottoot
Banned

Post by Toottoot »

I am curious as to what different things attract people to join the police. Is it driving fast or helping people or having powers of arrest? What is some of the attraction to those who are already in and who are looking to join?
HM-106

Post by HM-106 »

You cant study for it or do anything to prepare.

Simply be yourself and they will make a decision on that, only disadvantaging yourself if you try to make yourself really good by knowing everything. As it states in the Recruitment DVD, to study for the pshyc is simply being yourself period.

HM-106
JG-103

Post by JG-103 »

gkoutlis wrote:Can anyone in WAPOL or otherwise, please tell us - What the Psyc test is all about and why some people fail?? What exactly do they expect from you?? Apart from not being a freak with a chip on the shoulder.
they ask you really really really general and vague questions which you then chose the answer between, strongly agree, agree, neither, disagree and strongly disagree. Questions like,
"I would be bored watching a play"-
"I would be bored looking at art"
"I like to watch the wind blowing through the leaves"

Seriously ay, they are questions in the phyc test.

"If you could steal a million dollars and get away with it, would you"
"I like to keep up to date with scientific discoveries"

just some hell stupid and vague questions like that, im dead serious that they are all in the phyc test.

Questions that make you think "well it all depends"
Questions that make you think "what the F*** does this have anything to do with how i will perform"

heres another stupid one
"i can type at over 400 words per minute"

"I dont know why people get so emotional at weddings"

and all you can answer is agree, disagree, stongly disagree, strongly agree or neither.

There are over 400 questions in the test all like that, that go back on themselves to catch you out if your lying ie, later on there will be a similar question to question xxx to see if your answer matches up.

Phyc tests are really stupid!
Last edited by JG-103 on Tue Oct 09, 2007 10:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JG-103

Post by JG-103 »

my step brother didnt get in which i was really suprised about, didnt know they were in such a position to knock back so many applicants, most likely why we have such a shortage.
phreak
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by phreak »

JG-103 wrote:
gkoutlis wrote:Can anyone in WAPOL or otherwise, please tell us - What the Psyc test is all about and why some people fail?? What exactly do they expect from you?? Apart from not being a freak with a chip on the shoulder.
they ask you really really really general and vague questions which you then chose the answer between, strongly agree, agree, neither, disagree and strongly disagree. Questions like,
"I would be bored watching a play"-
"I would be bored looking at art"
"I like to watch the wind blowing through the leaves"

Seriously ay, they are questions in the phyc test.

"If you could steal a million dollars and get away with it, would you"
"I like to keep up to date with scientific discoveries"

just some hell stupid and vague questions like that, im dead serious that they are all in the phyc test.

Questions that make you think "well it all depends"
Questions that make you think "what the F*** does this have anything to do with how i will perform"

heres another stupid one
"i can type at over 400 words per minute"

"I dont know why people get so emotional at weddings"

and all you can answer is agree, disagree, stongly disagree, strongly agree or neither.

There are over 400 questions in the test all like that, that go back on themselves to catch you out if your lying ie, later on there will be a similar question to question xxx to see if your answer matches up.

Phyc tests are really stupid!
Just had psych test today (written) and there were nearly 600 of those aforementioned question! so vague haha. but that's all i'm allowed to say =P

reason i'm joining the force? i've always wanted to make a difference in somebodys life.
CDC Fire Rescue - Volunteer Firefighter
A52 - Volunteer Firefighter
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

If - and only IF - I were to join, I'd join for the sole purpose to try and make a difference in our society - For me, It has Nothing to do with the uniform, Nothing to do with fast cars, Nothing to do with carrying a dangerous weapon.

At the end of the day, IF - I were to apply and be successful, I'd like to hope that I have helped in a small way - to make a difference to the community - For the Better that is. Example... Locating a missing child and brining him/her safely to parents house.... - so yeah - I appreciate all your input here guys - and it makes sense for this pshyc test - Being your self is the best advice and being yourself....

Much appreciated guys..
G
phreak
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by phreak »

passed PEE... now onto the rest haha

*EDIT* just realised that sounds wrong...
rephrase... haha
I Just passed the Police Entrance Evaluation
Last edited by phreak on Thu Oct 11, 2007 10:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
CDC Fire Rescue - Volunteer Firefighter
A52 - Volunteer Firefighter
JG-103

Post by JG-103 »

There are only 3 things stopping me from applying

1. Pay- Cops dont get paid enough for half the shit they have to put up with

2. Justice system- The justice system is fu**ed, and it would bug the hell out of me to take down a crim, just for the justice system to give him a slap on the writst and let him back out to society

3. Respect- Cops dont get the respect that fire fighters or sja do, half the time they are getting verbally abused, spat at etc etc