Security Work

News, meet-ups, general questions, emergency services procedures etc

Moderators: vk6hgr, Zebedee

bomber
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by bomber »

jmmw wrote:they changed holden badges to chevy ones? why would you bother?
Because the LAPD dont run holdens they have chevs.
Cloverfield
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Cloverfield »

Last edited by Cloverfield on Thu Feb 14, 2008 10:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Styles can be applied quickly to selected text! meh!
BLiNG

Post by BLiNG »

Check out the archive.org wayback machine for old versions of the SecureForce website:

http://web.archive.org/web/200302160523 ... About).htm

http://web.archive.org/web/200506150703 ... rainer.htm
John W. Ryan is the Director of Training for Secureforce International and the Australasian Law Enforcement Weapons and Tactics Academy

Amongst his many Accreditations and Qualifications, Mr. Ryan is a Shihan (Master) of Kempo and a Go-Dan (5th Degree Black Belt) in Karate and a Black Belt in Judo and Jiu-Jitsu. Retiring in 1974 from competitive Martial Arts, undefeated and with the open world title.

Mr. Ryan has qualified with Smith & Wesson as a Firearms Instructor (Revolver � Pistol � Shotgun), and also as a Sub Gun Instructor. He has also attended firearm training with the Texas City Police Academy (Texas), The Ashtabula County Sheriffs Dept (Ohio), Jefferson Police Dept (Ohio), The FBI Sniper School (Camp Perry) and has taught Firearms and Tactics and Street Survival Shooting Techniques to various US Police Agencies, as well as personnel from Agencies in Australia, and various Special Weapons Teams.

He has taught P.R.T.T. (Physical Restraint Tactics and Techniques) since 1964. His Verbal Kempo (Verbal Skill Training) has been presented to staff of the W.A. Attorney Generals Office, Southern Coast Transit, Chiefs of Police of various Depts. in Northeast Ohio and Path Transit amongst others. He is a certified Advanced Trainer in handgun / longarm disarming and retention (Lindell & Ayoob methods). He has also attended S.W.A.T. Training from basic to management and is proud to have been appointed a member of the Ashtabula County SWAT Team in Ohio and the Texas City Police S.O.R.T Unit, Texas

Mr. Ryan�s most recent investigation qualification was to be appointed detective rank with the Ashtabula County Sheriff (William Johnson) 1998. He holds nine current Police commissions in the USA, three of them as a detective / investigator with the rank of Captain.

John has also qualified as a Senior Instructor with OC (Oleoresin Capsicum) with Deftec, also attended Instructor Courses with Capstun, OCAT, Texas City Police Academy, Jefferson Police Dept. and is also an Instructor in Chemical Munitions and Distraction Device (Flash bang), Law Enforcement Impact Weapon (Baton) Instructor, Expandable Police Baton Instructor, and many Law Enforcement Weapons Proficiency Courses.

Other training he has partaken and teaches is Shopping Centre Security, Transit Policing, High Risk Warrant Service, Police / Emergency Driving Instructor, Personal Protection Team Leader, S.W.A.T Team Leader, Marine anti-boarding ops, Community Patrols, H.R.T Negotiator and Training, Interview / Interrogation Techniques, Knife / Edged Weapon Defensive Tactics.

John Ryan is a life member of the Police Marksman Assoc, An Assoc member of the International Association of Chiefs of Police, a member of the American Society of Law Enforcement Trainers, International Association of Law Enforcement Firearms Instructor and C.E.O. of the Professional Security Officers and Agents of Western Australia.

Mr. Ryan�s expertise in law enforcement weapons and tactics also keeps him occupied as an armourer for movies and TV shows the most recent being the soon to be released Australian movie �Lets get Skase� and the current channel 10 series �Kats Eyes�

Mr. Ryan�s Secureforce personal protection unit (Shadow Team) is probably best known amongst the who�s who of Australia and Asias wealthy elite and the cream of the entertainment industry.

Their publicly known appearances included Tony Bullimore the English solo sailor the social weddings at the Beckwith Mansion, the launch of Rose Porteous book at Prix D�Amour, and the protection of the Perth family (Winners of the $30,000,000 Australian Lotto).

He is also a life member of I.P.S.C. Australia, U.S.P.S.A. USA, Pine Valley Pistol Club Western Australia (Practical shooting organizations).
Antt
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Antt »

thats actually quite an impressive achievement, this man sure knows his stuff
BLiNG

Post by BLiNG »

Antt wrote:thats actually quite an impressive achievement, this man sure knows his stuff
Yeah... unfortunately, most of those people I know who have worked with him have said its mostly bullshit. I've heard he has several certificates on his walls which are actually fake, bought online for $50 type things.

Who knows. The guy is a douche, that's for sure.
Cloverfield
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Cloverfield »

:twisted: ... SecureFarce
Last edited by Cloverfield on Thu Feb 14, 2008 10:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Styles can be applied quickly to selected text! meh!
daniel86

Post by daniel86 »

Hahaha I work at Belmont Forum for Wilson, we always see the Secureforce guys across the road from the bus stop looking tough, we laugh at them and call them LAPD, i once drove past in my golf buggy beeped the horn and waved with a stupid smile and they just looked at me.... grimly.
jmmw
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by jmmw »

Last tuesday i had my Panel interview with melville, 5 people asking me all the questions they could think off which was pretty intimadating but i turned on the old charm and managed to answer all the questions and get a few laughs which was good.

Yesterday i have my Medical assessment and drug test, also quote intimadating not to many guys have asked to see me in my underwear, not to many chicks for that matter either but he was quite eager to get it done with and make sure my arms and legs work. Took me 3 hours and 3 attempts to psych myself up for the drug test which was alot harder then i thought as they had put a mirror like pointing right to the business end of the test and having some nurse lady watching you really puts you off.

And this morning i got the call from employee services offering me a position :)

So i managed to get the job despite the various hiccups and draw backs including sending my application to the wrong address, having no experience and being so intimadated by a nurse watching me pee that i could only produce about 1/4 cup when they really needed half. :oops:

Thanks to dazla for all the advice and his time spent answering my million questions, chicky for encouraging me, bundaberg for his advice at ses one evening, awk@night for all his information in this thread, ANTT for his criticism and making sure i was aware of the work i may be undertaking and everyone else who has contributed to this thread.
auntys_eyes

Post by auntys_eyes »

Well done jmmw, congratulations :)
WARSUG Moderator - Media Section

VBFB Member

No onion, no garlic, no chilli, no pepper... NO POINT!!
Markmywords

Post by Markmywords »

well done jmmw i see these guys around my area alot so i'll have to keep an eye out for you.
Markmywords

Post by Markmywords »

daniel86 wrote:Hahaha I work at Belmont Forum for Wilson, we always see the Secureforce guys across the road from the bus stop looking tough, we laugh at them and call them LAPD, i once drove past in my golf buggy beeped the horn and waved with a stupid smile and they just looked at me.... grimly.

I saw them drive up the freeway the other day in a WH v8 statesman...i have to say they drive some nice cars seen a vy and vx ss as well.
Rockjet
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Rockjet »

Congrats jmmw, I know how you feel about the peeing in the cup thing... had a beautiful brunette when i had a test, I'm in my forties and to have a young 20 year old lookn at your "oIo" was difficult to pee and keep it from saying hi!!! If you know what I mean. :oops:

But good on ya!
Chicky
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by Chicky »

See, jmmw, I told you you could do it! Huge congratulations to you. If anyone ever deserved good fortune, you're it. Hallelujah! :)
West Coast Eagles
AFL Premiers 1992, 1994 & 2006 and....... ;)
R/Up 1991 & 2005
Since 1987 and still going strong :)
Tyranus
Amateur callsign: VK6FWDH
Scanners and Receivers: UBC93XLT

Post by Tyranus »

Rockjet wrote:Congrats jmmw, I know how you feel about the peeing in the cup thing... had a beautiful brunette when i had a test, I'm in my forties and to have a young 20 year old lookn at your "oIo" was difficult to pee and keep it from saying hi!!! If you know what I mean. :oops:

But good on ya!
Its times like those where you wish you could live by the rule, keep it in your pants :P :lol:
Stirling SES
Team Leader (Stirling 53)
Vertical Rescue Team Member
K9 7 Support

VK6FWDH
ex-Darlington FB
WARSUG Demi-God I mean Mod
If stupidity got me into this mess, why can't it get me out.
jmmw
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by jmmw »

why is it never the old nurse or the dude, its always the pretty one.