WARSUG top poster

Post by jmmw »

well obviously i was exagerating for effect :roll:
Antt
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Antt »

jmmw wrote:well obviously i was exagerating for effect :roll:

well obviously I'm going to back down once challenged like a nancy boy, I'm not disputing the fact that a security guard is posted there as a deterence if you recall i actually said they are put there for a reason but the mere fact that they are there just to deter is crap. I'll be sitting in my car writing up paper work helping out the police.... the police also rely on the average joe security guard to be able to deal with issues as they arise and not go hide in there car. Its called security guard not security watch....

Your job is to deal with the issues as they arise, whether that be just to observe and deter then so be it but every now and again you will have to deal with ppl who don't give a flying rats arse what you say and want to brawl with you, what are you going to do then deter them by not fighting back and hope they loose interest.

I'm not being naive here im being practical, you hoping that everything will be fine in your fairly land on lolly pop lane and saying i never want to do work that you will have to arrest someone or actually physically handle someone is naive .
jmmw
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by jmmw »

Well obivously sometimes situations will arise where i will have to intervene which isnt a problem.

But if i dont HAVE to im not going too, i dont have to prove to myself or anyone else that im a big tough security guy, thats just stupid.

If a situation comes up then i will be able to handle is having 18 months training in muay thai and brazilian ju-jitsu its not really a huge deal.

But no i dont want to be out running people down and arresting them and getting into fights and such because thats not me, thats why i want to work with community safety and security and now somewhere like a shopping centre or a night club.

If you want to go around flexing your muscles and beat up on people then go for your life but if a situation arises which i cant talk down then unless there is some circumstance which requires immediate action im going to call the police and let them handle it.

Its simply not worth risking physical injury and civil law suits just to prove to some punk kid that i can floor him. I'm not risking a career and a criminal record unless i am 110% sure of what im doing. I'm not a police officer.

Saying that i don't want to have to arrest someone and that i dont want to physically handle someone may be naive to you but to me its the way i have always handled myself and thats not going to change just because of a job.
auntys_eyes

Post by auntys_eyes »

Does Brazilian Ju-Jitsu require you to wax or shave 8) :lol:
WARSUG Moderator - Media Section

VBFB Member

No onion, no garlic, no chilli, no pepper... NO POINT!!
Schism_
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by Schism_ »

Get your mind out of the gutter!!! :wink:
dazla
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by dazla »

So what your saying HM106 is that the unarmed Security Officer is ment to take on the offender. Unfortunatly he does not have a Glock, OC and a baton nor the Police powers to go with it.

When I was at Melville, unless I felt safe, I would stay in the car and observe and report....thats what I was paid to do.....

You will enjoy Melville JMMW, its a good mix of security and community safety.
Last edited by dazla on Sun Aug 26, 2007 2:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
jmmw
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by jmmw »

well hopefully i will get the job!

Thanks Daz :)
Antt
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Antt »

thats alot better than saying im just going to stay well clear and hope to avoid that type of work.

Its good to see you have a level head on your shoulders but your previous posts made it sound like you where living in la la land
Donga
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Donga »

dazla wrote:So what your saying HM106 is that the unarmed Security Officer is ment to take on the offender. Unfortunatly he does not have a Glock, OC and a baton nor the Police powers to go with it.

When I was at Melville, unless I felt safe, I would stay in the car and observe and report....thats what I was paid to do.....

You will enjoy Melville JMMW, its a good mix of security and community safety.
There is only one security company I know of that they use more of a hands on appraoch and that would be WA LAPD sorry I meant Secureforce. ps sorry for stealing the joke but we all know its true.
TheDoc
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by TheDoc »

[/quote] There is only one security company I know of that they use more of a hands on appraoch and that would be WA LAPD sorry I meant Secureforce. ps sorry for stealing the joke but we all know its true.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
dazla
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by dazla »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: SECUREFORCE :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
jmmw
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by jmmw »

Forgive my ignorance, i have long known that secureforce wasn't a recommendation from the members of warsug, but what is it about them?
Cloverfield
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Cloverfield »

Last edited by Cloverfield on Thu Feb 14, 2008 10:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Styles can be applied quickly to selected text! meh!
bomber
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by bomber »

Also if you look closely at all there cars, the holden badges have been removed and replaces with chevy badges.

A friend use to work with them and he mentioned that the owner was looking at motor bikes the same as LAPD use. Also there uniforms ( old style ) were made in the usa, no buttons on the front held together by velcro.I notice that these have buttons so uniform may have changed a bit.
jmmw
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by jmmw »

they changed holden badges to chevy ones? why would you bother?