traffic lights

News, meet-ups, general questions, emergency services procedures etc

Moderators: vk6hgr, Zebedee

aust80

traffic lights

Post by aust80 »

Maybe traffic lights should be installed at Beauford St and Vincent after 2 T/Bones there yesterday, the latter involved a station wagon into a Trans Perth Bus, the station wagon was flung 50 feet into private property and the bus lost air, burst air bag,,,so was stuck for an hour at 25 degres of 2 lanes, beeaford st wqs jammed as there was a huge shortage of cars, nearest avail blue boys were at Carine, so making a no south bound right turn upset a few and same with east bound Vincent st, just turned them around, enableing to create 2 single north/south lanes around the bus, north bound from the city aparently stretched over a klms.
Jared
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Jared »

Ouch, man that doesnt sound to good. Lucky i live no where neer there.
Markmywords

Post by Markmywords »

How interesting and in great detail cant wait to see your pics :D
jmmw
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by jmmw »

Markmywords wrote:How interesting and in great detail cant wait to see your pics :D
Lol :lol:
Markmywords

Post by Markmywords »

I should add that even though what you think your doing is a good thing.

Using the scanner to do this stuff is not good.
Zebedee
Site Admin
Site Admin
Amateur callsign: VK6DB

Re: traffic lights

Post by Zebedee »

aust80 wrote:Maybe traffic lights should be installed at Beauford St and Vincent after 2 T/Bones there yesterday, the latter involved a station wagon into a Trans Perth Bus, the station wagon was flung 50 feet into private property and the bus lost air, burst air bag,,,so was stuck for an hour at 25 degres of 2 lanes, beeaford st wqs jammed as there was a huge shortage of cars, nearest avail blue boys were at Carine, so making a no south bound right turn upset a few and same with east bound Vincent st, just turned them around, enableing to create 2 single north/south lanes around the bus, north bound from the city aparently stretched over a klms.
I drive past that intersection twice a day - to and from work in the city. I can remember for years and years now it's been an interesting intersection - probably a combination of the amount of traffic, the angle that Vincent Street meets Beaufort Street and the parked cars on both sides.

Since the crash history of an intersection (both number and severity) is one of the factors used to determine where lights or roundabouts are placed, I can only assume that the actual number of crashes mustn't be high enough to warrant it at this stage.

But while on the topic of Beaufort Street - my two pet peeves are people parking during the clearway times, and people completely ignoring the morning and afternoon bus lanes...

I'll probably work up the energy to have a whinge to someone about it one day, once I work out who that someone is ... council, police, main roads, etc. :)
Doug Bell (Zebedee) VK6DB
WARSUG Forum Administrator.

It is very dark.
You are likely to be eaten by a grue.
Tyranus
Amateur callsign: VK6FWDH
Scanners and Receivers: UBC93XLT

Post by Tyranus »

Don't bother trying to do that, just write one letter and send it to all the different agencies! :P But yes the bus lanes thing annoyed me particularly when I was stuck in traffic going to my Training courses, and a couple of others were ignoring the bus lane times. I kept hoping that the car 3 cars in front was an unmarked car.
Stirling SES
Team Leader (Stirling 53)
Vertical Rescue Team Member
K9 7 Support

VK6FWDH
ex-Darlington FB
WARSUG Demi-God I mean Mod
If stupidity got me into this mess, why can't it get me out.
Markmywords

Post by Markmywords »

In melbourne if you park in any clear way bus zone etc or in a bay during clearway times your car is automatically towed away no excuses haha.
Zebedee
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Zebedee »

Markmywords wrote:In melbourne if you park in any clear way bus zone etc or in a bay during clearway times your car is automatically towed away no excuses haha.
The one saving grace with the clearways is that nine times out of ten in the afternoon, anyone parking in the clearway has a nice bit of paper fluttering under their windscreen wiper as I go past. So the rangers are definitely doing their job and fining the people who park there.

But I do like the tow-away option :)

It is very dark.
Markmywords

Post by Markmywords »

The parking nazi's are always out in west perth thankgod i dont park on the street and if you ever go to city west after 2 hrs you get clamped and $120 later that also goes if you park where your not suppose too in that complex.
Zebedee
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Zebedee »

Thankfully I have my own secure parking in the city, so I don't have to deal with the parking inspectors ... Otherwise it'd be a pain in the proverbial!

It is very dark.
MrBungle

Post by MrBungle »

Tyranus wrote:.....I kept hoping that the car 3 cars in front was an unmarked car.
Hehe, that kinda happened to me on a recent trip to Bristol in the UK.
I was staying at a friends and he gave me a lift to the airport one morning. We allowed plenty of time but got stuck in heavy traffic. After waiting what seemed like half an hour to move two car lengths, and after watching 50-odd cars nip down the bus lane, my mate thought 'bung it!' and used the bus lane.
Ofcourse, 3 or 4 cars in front of us was a 'Panda' and WE got nabbed, not the 50-odd before us!
My mate got let-off with a warning, and I missed my plane, LOL.