Most interesting things!

News, meet-ups, general questions, emergency services procedures etc

Moderators: vk6hgr, Zebedee

jmmw
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Most interesting things!

Post by jmmw »

Anyone care to share some of the more interesting things heard over the radios????
vk6hgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
Amateur callsign: VK6HGR
Scanners and Receivers: Various Yaesu, Kenwood, Tait, Simoco and Philips'

Post by vk6hgr »

A few times I've heard myself called up on the police enquiry while the police car behind me stopped me with his blue and red party lights going... lucky that fella was cleanskin and they let him go with his traffic fine :D
Gavin Rogers; VK6HGR
http://vk6hgr.ampr.org/
WARSUG forum administrator
Site and stream donations: https://www.paypal.me/vk6hgr
jmmw
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by jmmw »

hehehehe any thing else??
dazla
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by dazla »

Pursuits are good to listen to especially when they get told to abort but you can tell they they simply turn of the siren and suddley its "VKI he is back on the right side of the road with headlights on".

I heard the chase when the crims got out of supreme court, was interesting to follow it through.
Per Ardua-Ad Astra
jmmw
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by jmmw »

Last edited by jmmw on Tue Dec 13, 2016 1:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rusty_Nail
Amateur callsign: WYC681
Scanners and Receivers: Uniden UH090 Uhf - Base Station
UH076sx - Handheld 5W Uhf
UH075 - Handheld 5W Uhf
Pearce Simpson Super Cheetah - AM, LSB and USB 27Mhz
Uniden Bearcat Handheld Scanner
Uniden Bearcat Base Station Scanner

Post by Rusty_Nail »

Persuits are good to listen to.

There was a huge crash down in mandurah it the mandurah forum intersection lights about a month ago or so. It was on the front page of the west australian... 2 cars were racing (holden commo and nissan 300zx) at like 170 kms per hour and one hit the traffic lights while the other one fled the scene. Major crash rekon its the worst they have ever seen. driver killed instantly. Got the whole thing (scanner audio) on my computa...
very interesting, especially the part where VKI informed OM104 (patrol car) that the major crash would be another 2 hours HAHA! and the ambulance's were called out to a fire in east pinjarra... also, it is quite intersting to listen to the cops when they pull over someone you know or names that are familiar to you.

Aircraft is one of my favourite bands...
Turbo
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by Turbo »

I went to that Mandurah crash, we left from Warwick and we missed the first (few!) calls on it. Which was lucky I guess because the body was already gone but car still there. That was bad. The drivers seat was well in the back, upsidedown.

As we were thinking about leaving the 300ZX came past on the back of a tow truck. He had ANOTHER accident trying to get home quickly apparently.

Chases are the best! You guys and girls here about that Lotus that was stolen for about 3 days? Just kept missing him!
JG-103

Post by JG-103 »

Last night at roughly 2000, JK107 was in pursuit of a green four wheeler and vki said rodger a green three wheeler, JK107 correted him and than moments later he said it again, any way, the chase stoped when either the cop car hit the 4 wheeler or the other way round, the radio operator of JK107 said she couldnt get out of her door and that her partner was chasin the people but that he had no chance, lol, so you would think that the bike has smashed the door in or somethin but when another vehicle rocked up he told vki it was only a piece of rubber stuck in the door hinge or somethin.
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

JG-103 - Mate you are spot on - I heard the same thing too!!!! :D

Not sure if they ended up catching these guys, but apparantley a Pursuit was not Authorised by the Inspector.

So it was intense at some time during that.
chrissss

Post by chrissss »

yer that was pretty funny

good old cannington channel
JG-103

Post by JG-103 »

Bloody oath! :D
michael_uhf16

Post by michael_uhf16 »

Now phone calls wouldnt be that interesting would they :roll: :?: