Im new and I am John.. aust80

News, meet-ups, general questions, emergency services procedures etc

Moderators: vk6hgr, Zebedee

aust80

Im new and I am John.. aust80

Post by aust80 »

I am retired and slight disability, recently having 2 new boinic knees , lol, I am a volunteer emergency traffic controller who attends accidents and fires, to assist the experts, my vehicle is all fitted out with rotating and strobe lights and all the signs you may need as well as cones, the boys in blue are so grateful to the extra help and have attented manyaccidents and fires, as well as traffic lights blackouts and done points as well with ultra strobe flashing red/green wands.

"SAVE LIVES"
EMERGENCY ROAD
TRAFFIC CONTROL
0892766287 0429688571
[color=blue][/color]
gkoutlis

Re: Im new and I am John.. aust80

Post by gkoutlis »

aust80 wrote:I am retired and slight disability, recently having 2 new boinic knees , lol, I am a volunteer emergency traffic controller who attends accidents and fires, to assist the experts, my vehicle is all fitted out with rotating and strobe lights and all the signs you may need as well as cones, the boys in blue are so grateful to the extra help and have attented manyaccidents and fires, as well as traffic lights blackouts and done points as well with ultra strobe flashing red/green wands.

"SAVE LIVES"
EMERGENCY ROAD
TRAFFIC CONTROL
0892766287 0429688571
Great to have you on board - Sorry for sounding dumb, although you said you were retired - do you still assist? And if so - How did you get into this?

George
Markmywords

Post by Markmywords »

I thought it was a joke but he was being serious haha sorry.

Sounds like something interesting to do, nothign worse than having T/A's blocked with no traffic control
Stretch

Re: Im new and I am John.. aust80

Post by Stretch »

aust80 wrote:I am retired and slight disability, recently having 2 new boinic knees , lol, I am a volunteer emergency traffic controller who attends accidents and fires, to assist the experts, my vehicle is all fitted out with rotating and strobe lights and all the signs you may need as well as cones, the boys in blue are so grateful to the extra help and have attented manyaccidents and fires, as well as traffic lights blackouts and done points as well with ultra strobe flashing red/green wands.

"SAVE LIVES"
EMERGENCY ROAD
TRAFFIC CONTROL
0892766287 0429688571
anyone seen this one the road? Completely new to me
jmmw
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by jmmw »

I havent heard of this either?

Google resulted in nothing
munchkin1981
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by munchkin1981 »

just becuase you may have not heard about doesnt mean it doesnt exsist
It wasn't me honest.....it was the cat I'm sweet and innocent one :)
Millsy

Post by Millsy »

munchkin1981 wrote:just becuase you may have not heard about doesnt mean it doesnt exsist
... No One said it didn't.
jmmw
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by jmmw »

munchkin1981 wrote:just becuase you may have not heard about doesnt mean it doesnt exsist
It's that kind of thinking that keep's people like shank.ed around. :lol:

Healthy sense of skepticism never harmed anyone!

Sorry aust80, No intention of being rude but you never know on the net about some people :roll:

How did you get involved with Volunteer emergency traffic controlling? (VETC)
Who's the organisation in charge?

Sounds like a pretty interesting thing to do :D
aust80

Voluntary Traffic Control

Post by aust80 »

As a disability Pensioner, I over the past 8 yrs raised $62000 for PMH kids Hospital with a huge 100000 xmas lights display on my house in Morley, and gardens, attracting many people, due to knee damage, i had to sell the display and give the idea of climbing ladders and roofs away, so in December there was a fatal smash on Reid Hwy east, VKI was unable to muster enough cars etc, I went in my Kombi that had one rotating amber light already on it, I got to the scene with a klm of built up traffic and told the officer there that i had this and that on board, he asked me to turn all traffic around and block Beechboro Rd completely, this i did and after 2.5 hrs in the heat, they cleared the mess and came up and personally thanked me for my help and said it was a pity there were not more good samaratains around like me, so I added more lights and obtained proper signs from Companys and set up like that with sign writing donatted on the sides and rear, purchased a day/safty jacket and had that sign written and when i hear of some thing on the scanner, i go and assist, I simply self funded volunteer my time and service, I have always been greatly apreciated for helping,.....(excuse spell mistakes)
jmmw
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by jmmw »

What training have you under taken?

Are you covered by insurance?

Do you have permission to use ambers from DPI?
brad_88

Post by brad_88 »

100000 xmas lights. thats alot of green house waste lol. good to see there are decent people wanting to help out keep it up champ
Markmywords

Post by Markmywords »

Hang on Hang on i saw one of these vehicles. I THINK..and it looked like a white 4wd crew cab with a module on the back had led light bar on the front and rotators on the back with some huge orange flashing arrow at the back on mount henry bridge a few weeks back sitting behind a car that broke down.

I actually thopught main roads had a couple of these that roll out to things on the freeway break downs etc traffic jams etc i drive up and down the freeway god knows how many times a day, they look like a rac breakdown car on steriods.
jmmw
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Re: Voluntary Traffic Control

Post by jmmw »

aust80 wrote: I went in my Kombi that had one rotating amber light
I think i may have seen the white 4wd you are talking about MMW i didnt realise it was main roads?
Stretch

Post by Stretch »

jmmw wrote:
It's that kind of thinking that keep's people like shank.ed around. :lol:

Healthy sense of skepticism never harmed anyone!

Sorry aust80, No intention of being rude but you never know on the net about some people :roll:

How did you get involved with Volunteer emergency traffic controlling? (VETC)
Who's the organisation in charge?

Sounds like a pretty interesting thing to do :D
Are you saying Shank.ed is still around?
Stretch

Post by Stretch »

No I am not saying it doesnt exsist, been here in Australia for over 8mths and have been to many major TA's and hav'nt come accross this?

Not saying anything for all i know he is real, and i hope he is its just that we need more people like this