Im new and I am John.. aust80

News, meet-ups, general questions, emergency services procedures etc

Moderators: vk6hgr, Zebedee

celestial_insight
Banned

Post by celestial_insight »

I don't think him getting injured is the problem. If he directs traffic and causes an accident / injury / fatality I doubt he would have any insurance. He has set himself up as more than a "layman" helping out without suggested knowledge more than common sense. He is "putting it out there" that he is professional and hence legally liable for any accident or injury caused by his actions. Volunteer Sea Rescue Groups have massive legal liabilty insurance for such an event, I don't know if he does....
Ludacris
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Ludacris »

Rockjet wrote:
Ludacris wrote:Jesus are we still going on about this....
Yes going over the same subject again but hey, its a popular topic how this amateur can get away with doing such an important job. What are the authorities going to do if this fella gets injured or worse while setting up his cones and directing traffic!

:roll:
Well has anyone actually complained about him to anyone....
Brad

Post by Brad »

Pics from another thread:

-B.
jmmw
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by jmmw »

It's not like there has been discussion on anything else lately?

I find this guy hilarious, hahaha flags!
Rockjet
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Rockjet »

jmmw wrote:
It's not like there has been discussion on anything else lately?

I find this guy hilarious, hahaha flags!
Maybe he's a goal umpire in his spare time! :lol:
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

Caught Out !!!!

I was driving back home on Morley Drive and noticed him with Orange beacons on - going to a 2 car TA - cnr Lincoln Road and McGilvray Avenue.

I didn't stop or anything - as i was well away from that intersection. However - a good source tells me he was there with the Combi - with lights flashing from Morley Drive turning into McGilvray - he did get into trouble too ;) for the flashy lights thing - but was allowed to continue with "assisting traffic control" - and as my friend in WAPOL mentioned, there was No real traffic related problems with car's banking back etc...

So there you go - caught out ;)
Toottoot
Banned

Post by Toottoot »

Maybe he should get a radio link to the DPI for clearance to travel P3. In a kombi.
yorky

Post by yorky »

Toottoot wrote:Maybe he should get a radio link to the DPI for clearance to travel P3. In a kombi.
I travel P3 all the time and I don't need clearance! :smt081
"VKI, NJ050 will you be attending the job?"
"Negative VKI, my desk is bolted to the floor".
WARSUG General Scanning Moderator
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

:lol: yep yep yep :lol:
Rockjet
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Rockjet »

That would be good to watch, but dont you have to be doing a certain speed to do P3, I doubt if his Kombi would get to 110kph.

:lol:
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

Rockjet wrote:That would be good to watch, but dont you have to be doing a certain speed to do P3, I doubt if his Kombi would get to 110kph.

:lol:
:P :wink: - One wouldn't think so ;)
yorky

Post by yorky »

Sometimes I cruise under P4 conditions! For when I want to get somewhere really, really slow :smt082
"VKI, NJ050 will you be attending the job?"
"Negative VKI, my desk is bolted to the floor".
WARSUG General Scanning Moderator
jmmw
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by jmmw »

gkoutlis wrote:Caught Out !!!!

I was driving back home on Morley Drive and noticed him with Orange beacons on - going to a 2 car TA - cnr Lincoln Road and McGilvray Avenue.

I didn't stop or anything - as i was well away from that intersection. However - a good source tells me he was there with the Combi - with lights flashing from Morley Drive turning into McGilvray - he did get into trouble too ;) for the flashy lights thing - but was allowed to continue with "assisting traffic control" - and as my friend in WAPOL mentioned, there was No real traffic related problems with car's banking back etc...

Bahahaha i love this guy! I hope he crashes in melville so i can go assist at his car accident :)
RAMBO

WHAT A PROPFOUND LIAR YOU ARE

Post by RAMBO »

"NOT CAUGHT OUT"

~ HOW LIARS PREVAIL ~
True! I attended that accident, from via, Napier,Churt into McGilvary...
False! that I displayed any flashing lights at any time..
False! that I was turning into McGilvray Ave from Morley drve..
False! that I had flashing lights on, in or from Morley Drive..
False!that I got into any trouble from anyone, Police Officer or otherwise.. (a Tow Truck operator did for harrasing the 317 Driver)
True! that there was no traffic problems created there until the Police parked right on the bend of the corner, I was asked by one of the Officers to put a few cones at the back of thier unmarked Mandurah car, and I know the officers very well as they know me..

Get your facts right....."gkoutlis"... and others...
Chicky
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Re: WHAT A PROPFOUND LIAR YOU ARE

Post by Chicky »

RAMBO wrote:

"NOT CAUGHT OUT"

~ HOW LIARS PREVAIL ~
True! I attended that accident, from via, Napier,Churt into McGilvary...
False! that I displayed any flashing lights at any time..
False! that I was turning into McGilvray Ave from Morley drve..
False! that I had flashing lights on, in or from Morley Drive..
False!that I got into any trouble from anyone, Police Officer or otherwise.. (a Tow Truck operator did for harrasing the 317 Driver)
True! that there was no traffic problems created there until the Police parked right on the bend of the corner, I was asked by one of the Officers to put a few cones at the back of thier unmarked Mandurah car, and I know the officers very well as they know me..

Get your facts right....."gkoutlis"... and others...
:roll:
West Coast Eagles
AFL Premiers 1992, 1994 & 2006 and....... ;)
R/Up 1991 & 2005
Since 1987 and still going strong :)