Im new and I am John.. aust80

News, meet-ups, general questions, emergency services procedures etc

Moderators: vk6hgr, Zebedee

Markmywords

Post by Markmywords »

The main road cars ive seen a white vw kombi not yet maybe our friend can post up some pics so we can have a sneaky peaky at.

Just for liability reasons id be curious about insurance etc ie: if your doing traffic diverting and step out in front of a slow moving car get knocked down with the 3rd party injury on your rego cover you and is the vehicle listed for business/private purposes those little things make a difference when they look at your claim to pay any medical expenses.

Any of the wapol members would know if he is around anyhows im sure his vw would stick out like dogs balls on a transvestite.

And just curious about the crash on reid highway did you hear about that on a scanner and went to the scene to help or did someone ring you ?

Very good idea i guess, im sure the police would be happy they dont have to do point duty when your around....but i hope you had some form of training to do it.

I see you have your numbers posted on the forum too.

Sorry for the questions dont ask dont know
jmmw
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Re: Im new and I am John.. aust80

Post by jmmw »

aust80 wrote:I was a traffic controller years ago in Sydney,but things are diff now and depending on the scene and what the officers or fesa want, is what signs or cones used or any need to direct traffic, (most dumber than sheep) and yes I have taken out a $20 million public liability indemity policy)
Markmywords

Post by Markmywords »

<quote> most dumber than sheep ? who was that aimed at haha.

Havent seen luke post for a couple of days either.
aust80

Dumber than sheep

Post by aust80 »

bloody average motorists, thats who..
ST_DOC

Post by ST_DOC »

The 4x4s that you see with the LED bars are called HEROS they are funded by main roads. They basicly go to where there are accidents of rd works or obstructions and help clear traffice they work on freeways and hwys only
jmmw
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by jmmw »

ST_DOC

Post by ST_DOC »

Thanks
Markmywords

Post by Markmywords »

Thats what ive seen :D no vw combi though
jmmw
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by jmmw »

Oh god i hope aust80 isnt luke
Markmywords

Post by Markmywords »

hahahaha jmmw ive been thinking that all day.

Aust80 Is it an old vw kombi like hippy style or a V4 or V5 series.
Markmywords

Post by Markmywords »

jmmw wrote:Oh god i hope aust80 isnt luke
Apprantley he has been fully ID by george. *shrugs*
jmmw
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by jmmw »

ohhhhh i don't know george but i hope he knows his aust80's from his lukes
Markmywords

Post by Markmywords »

Well time will tell....its a 1974 VW Kombi so those out n about keep your eyes peeled and say hello to john id say NOR nearly morley.
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

I've spoken with him guys, and he seems like a genuine enough person - no catch no gimiks - I'm sure he ain't Luke....

He sounds like a good samaritan, just because most of us havent seen him out and about assisting, doesnt mean he is a fake, give him abit of slack till you have concrete proof its another duplicate member.

:)

Just my 2cents worth
Mr G
aust80

responce

Post by aust80 »

you hit the nail right on the head there G.........