Moderators: vk6hgr, Zebedee

Mug
150+ posts
150+ posts
Scanners and Receivers: UBC93xlt

Post by Mug »

Hi

I'm Joe and I'm 15.

I live in Parkwood and have a UBC93XLT. I am currently in search of a good handheld scanner antenna.
¡¡¡ʎɐq-ǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq oʇ ƃuıoƃ ɯı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ
Blacky

Re: Introduce yourself!

Post by Blacky »

Hey ppl, im blacky and have been working withh the RF spectrum for about 8 years now.
Very keen to meet up with a few of you and keen to get on board.
Cheers
Blacky
CC Communications VOIP, DSL, Radio Comms, WIFI and more!
dlcat1
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by dlcat1 »

Never knew this board was here. I've been around on the board since january or so.

I'm 29 and moved down to Bunbury where I work in spatial analysis, with firefighting as a side duty, in mid 2007 from Canberra. I started browsing here mainly looking for an extra layer of infromation for fires in the SW and Swan Plain but have since found all the other discussions and characters interesting and informative.

I grew up in the north of Sydney and was an active RFS volunteer for 4 or 5 years till work,uni and canberra got me. Did a mix of mostly dry or semi dry firefighting with urban interface househopping and defensive structural thrown in. Some MVAs and a bit of storm/flood cleanup and SAR.
NastyXR

Post by NastyXR »

Hey all.

I'm new around this site and hope to stay for a while.

I'm completely new to this stuff, so much so I haven't even got any equipment as of yet, which Is half the reason I'm here to get help with my first scanner.

I'm mainly interested In things related to the PTA and Transit Officers as I am hoping to get through the recruitment process (only just did my application for the latest intake) call me crazy but each to their own I guess.

So hope I can get any suggestions on where to look and start.

Thanks.
floppy
Scanners and Receivers: Sangean ATS 818CS

Post by floppy »

Hi all
my name is Neville
forty something, living in Albany, married with kids

mostly interested in HF radio
and occasionally DXing LF beacons when there is a power cut

Knew there was a group called warsug when R&C magazine was around
but that went bust
finally found the website

cool
Nev
hold3n
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by hold3n »

just to introduce myself im 14.11, 15 on jan 20 2011. i am intrested in police and fesa. ive bein a member for abit. i have found this website from google images.
I AM IN NO WAY AFFILIATED WITH DFES OR BFB
Closing the door for a while.
phreak
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by phreak »

hey all,

my name is yohan, 23 years old. Currently work full time as a rep for a tobacco company (dont hold that against me!). I'm a Volley Bush Firey for Gosnells and Volley Firey for the CDC based at Barbagallo. Got my first handheld in 06 and used to listen to WAPOL. Also have a 40chan UHF and Scanner in the car, however scanner is useless cos it only picks up WAPOL. And also usless because I don't drive the car anymore since I have a company car. I have a wife and a kid and when I grow up, I hope to one day be a Cop (looking at joining when I turn 30).
CDC Fire Rescue - Volunteer Firefighter
A52 - Volunteer Firefighter
hasanito

Post by hasanito »

G'day
(2nd try :-))

I'm reservist currently at 109
I like what I do there and would like to get into comms outside the reserves...
I don't have a radio equipment of my own yet but I hope to get some suggestions from other members to get me started :-)
canning_man

Post by canning_man »

Hi I'm Chris, 27 year old fire fighter with FRS for the past 4 years, not much else to say, joined to check out out all the pics etc.
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

canning_man wrote:Hi I'm Chris, 27 year old fire fighter with FRS for the past 4 years, not much else to say, joined to check out out all the pics etc.
Hello and welcome to you! 8)

G
George
WARSUG Moderator
VFRS Member

"I am not one who was born in the possession of knowledge. I am one who is fond of antiquity, and earnest in seeking it there." — Confucius

Any views expressed in the above post are my own and do not necessarily depict or reflect the views or opinions of DFES/FRS or VBFB.
written_ficton
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by written_ficton »

canning_man wrote:Hi I'm Chris, 27 year old fire fighter with FRS for the past 4 years, not much else to say, joined to check out out all the pics etc.
Welcome! Might be seeing each other on a fairly regular occasion, next time you see me say hello so I can put a name to the face. Apparently you know me! Or
I've closed the door!
LTD

Post by LTD »

Hi all, just joined up after reading through many forums, very interesting. I thought finally I'd join after 2 years.
I'm live in Perth and I'm CFRS, new here so don't be afraid to say hi.
kyeboi
150+ posts
150+ posts
Scanners and Receivers: UNIDEN UBC355XLT

Post by kyeboi »

hey big fella and welcome

well as your a CFRS you will be very helpful on here help answer many many question

great to have you on board

kyeboi

TRBFB
KyeBoi

Yanchep VFRS
LTD

Post by LTD »

Yeah I'm sure I could help with a few things but reading through this I'm also learning a lot of new things too. Thanks guys
MyKeH
Scanners and Receivers: ICOM PCR-2500, Sangean ATS-505

Post by MyKeH »

G'day, my name is Mike :)

I currently run the Perth node tuner on Globaltuners for about 1 year. I'm located somewhat near the airport (although not too close) and can get somewhat good reception of ATIS and other YPPH frequencies, also I can get the regular UHF channel 3 and channel 4 CB frequencies of those who want to talk rubbish heh :roll: :P

As a young lad I got myself into SW scanning when I was about 8 years old (must of been about 1990). It's been a keen interest in my lifetime and since that time I have purchased myself a Sangean ATS-505 radio and an ICOM PCR-2500 scanner unit which have both seem very good usage (the latter of course broadcasts on the web).

But I am very keen to get a good decent set up going but of course I will need some assistance from various Ham, Radio and DXing folk here in Perth.

So if anyone out there can give me advice just flick me an email to info@mykehnet.org :)

Many thanks and kind regards,

Mike :D