News, meet-ups, general questions, emergency services procedures etc

Moderators: vk6hgr, Zebedee

gkoutlis

CHANNEL 7 NEWS FLASH - Steve Irwin :(

Post by gkoutlis »

Guys got an e-mail from 7news automated service;

Monday 4th September 2006

Hello Rick Ardon with breaking news.

There are reports, Austtralia's crocodile expert Steve Irwin has died after being stung by a stingray on the Great Barrier Reef.

We'll have more information in News updates throughout the day, plus a full report in 7 News at 6.
George
WARSUG Moderator
VFRS Member

"I am not one who was born in the possession of knowledge. I am one who is fond of antiquity, and earnest in seeking it there." — Confucius

Any views expressed in the above post are my own and do not necessarily depict or reflect the views or opinions of DFES/FRS or VBFB.
JG-103

Post by JG-103 »

I expected something like this to happen sooner or later but still not something i wanted to happen, i feel sorry for his little daughter if the reports are true.
JG-103

Post by JG-103 »

gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

Definatley looks true - shit this is so sad :( He was a top bloke and a loving father :( - what a tragedy.....
George
WARSUG Moderator
VFRS Member

"I am not one who was born in the possession of knowledge. I am one who is fond of antiquity, and earnest in seeking it there." — Confucius

Any views expressed in the above post are my own and do not necessarily depict or reflect the views or opinions of DFES/FRS or VBFB.
vk6hgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
Amateur callsign: VK6HGR
Scanners and Receivers: Various Yaesu, Kenwood, Tait, Simoco and Philips'

Post by vk6hgr »

JG-103 wrote:I expected something like this to happen sooner or later but still not something i wanted to happen, i feel sorry for his little daughter if the reports are true.
Daughter and Son :-(

Australia's ambassador of the broad Australian accent done in by a freak stingray accident of all things!
Gavin Rogers; VK6HGR
http://vk6hgr.ampr.org/
WARSUG forum administrator
Site and stream donations: https://www.paypal.me/vk6hgr
JG-103

Post by JG-103 »

true, i thought it would have been by a snake.
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

George
WARSUG Moderator
VFRS Member

gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

It is believed Mr Irwin's American-born wife Terri is trekking on Cradle Mountain in Tasmania and has yet to be told of her husband's death.
From News.com.au

His wife doesnt know - How devastating will this be, when someone from the media tells her....????

Im not a soft mushy guy, but the whole incident is very sad.... :(
George
WARSUG Moderator
VFRS Member

vk6hgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
Amateur callsign: VK6HGR
Scanners and Receivers: Various Yaesu, Kenwood, Tait, Simoco and Philips'

Post by vk6hgr »

Interesting as a side note that every single Australian online news media site has gone offline. news.com.au, abc.net.au, sbs, ninemsn...
Gavin Rogers; VK6HGR
http://vk6hgr.ampr.org/
WARSUG forum administrator
Site and stream donations: https://www.paypal.me/vk6hgr
SOE digital
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by SOE digital »

Not happy at all. :(
Not only is Steve a personal icon to me but he's done nothing but good for Australia. Both commercialy and more importantly, environmentaly.
I was watching the croc hunter last night with my girlfriend and despite knowing how many close calls he has, I honestly never thought it would claim him.

Lots of love to Terri.
Kiss Me I'm Irish
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

vk6hgr wrote:Interesting as a side note that every single Australian online news media site has gone offline. news.com.au, abc.net.au, sbs, ninemsn...
Probably cant cope with overload of people like me checking for updates etc....
George
WARSUG Moderator
VFRS Member

Tom
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by Tom »

I'm listening to BBC Radio1 at work and it has just been mentioned.

It also said he had 2 children (Cynthia and Robert?).

I certainly wasn't a fan of his...but it's sad news.
jmmw
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by jmmw »

poor bloke

such a legend
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

Link dedicated to Steve Irwin - by News.com.au

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599,20349888-2,00.html

Pic of the Legend and his wife....

Tributes for a "True Original" - http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599,20350166-2,00.html

May his soul rest in peace....

:(
George
WARSUG Moderator
VFRS Member