Behind The Force Tv Show : What to Expect

News, meet-ups, general questions, emergency services procedures etc

Moderators: vk6hgr, Zebedee

yorky

Post by yorky »

Almost the 19th season of COPS actually :D

I still can't believe people are willing to lie ON CAMERA like that constantly. As its been said you would look like a bit of an idiot tellling fibs to the cops on TV.
Tom
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by Tom »

I have the entire COPS series 18.

I think the highest episode released at the moment is 36.

Heaps of taser action and chases in the later ones.

Tom
Fozzy

Post by Fozzy »

well sorry for not knowing the exact amount...

But you get the point I was trying to make.
SOE digital
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by SOE digital »

Just watched the show then. Missed it last night but luckily recorded it on my HDD.
They show was alright....absolutely TERRIBLE editing job on the show and the whole pace of it was completely pathetic.
The content was good and all but really...they should structure the show better.
Kiss Me I'm Irish
CHEV4EVR
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by CHEV4EVR »

Geez I am sorry that two dead people, the arrest of a person who is dealing a drug which is causing all sorts of problems is not exciting enough for you people.

I will get on to the producers and see if we can get some contract killings and pay some young kids to get in high speed chases just so you can get your rocks off and watch some flashing blue lights!

This is reality people and if you think it is boring then watch something else because you sound like a bunch of spoiled kids who didn't get what they wanted for xmas.

In response to the filming, yes all parties, including the crooks have to sign releases consenting for them to appear and to what degree. The only difference, like the murder one is that he is now convicted and the court made no suppresssion orders so it is matter of public record. Any other matter there has to be by consent and WAPOL have the right of veto for all footage as it is docu/drama not news. Both parties entered into a contract and are bound by the terms of the contract as well as existing laws.

As to filming the crooks at the back Curtin House, there is no problem, again if no suppression order is in place. If say they were filming them inside the building through a window then it is a different story. Basically to be illegal to film someone the person being filmed has to be doing something a "reasonable" person would consider to be a private act. Being walked to a police car certainly is not a private act.
brad_88

Post by brad_88 »

settle down chev i dont remember seeing anyone say they hated it, its just their opinions on what could be done to improve it. The stories were good but most people are just sayin that the way that it has been edited was shit, like jumpin from story to story
CHEV4EVR
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by CHEV4EVR »

so I just imagined the first post from Aztech....
Fastlane
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster
Amateur callsign: VK6FLMZ

Post by Fastlane »

Brad Michau wrote:settle down chev i dont remember seeing anyone say they hated it, its just their opinions on what could be done to improve it. The stories were good but most people are just sayin that the way that it has been edited was shit, like jumpin from story to story
It's from the same people that make Border Security - which has ALWAYS been like that. What else did you expect!??
Aztech

Post by Aztech »

CHEV4EVR wrote:so I just imagined the first post from Aztech....
It was a review of the show. And If you find it interesting to watch
police talk to a guy about a fake name for 15 minutes, then great..
What I was trying to say, is Australian TV viewers are extremely critical, remember WATER RATS, and BLUE HEELERS, STINGER ? All Great cop shows, JUST never "GOOD ENOUGH" in the critics eye.
I give the show 1 season, 2 MAX...

A!
Fastlane
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster
Amateur callsign: VK6FLMZ

Post by Fastlane »

Aztech wrote:
What I was trying to say, is Australian TV viewers are extremely critical, remember WATER RATS, and BLUE HEELERS, STINGER ? All Great cop shows, JUST never "GOOD ENOUGH" in the critics eye.

A!
You're comparing apples with oranges. The Force isnt a soap full of actors, based on a script. As CHEV said, its not always interesting, car chasing and blood-and-guts.
Aztech

Post by Aztech »

Fastlane wrote:
Aztech wrote:

A!
You're comparing apples with oranges. The Force isnt a soap full of actors, based on a script. As CHEV said, its not always interesting, car chasing and blood-and-guts.

That may be so, BUT - This is PRIME TIME TV we are talking about here.
No1 will want to watch them babbel on for 10 minutes, when You have your American style shows with Police attending Shootings, and Chases etc etc.
BTW Chev, I think your comment about paying kids to get involved in high speed chases to get "rocks off' was a little childish. No1 Wants to see the CRIMES HAPPEN for TV.. BUT its a fact of life, it IS GOING TO HAPPEN, and when it does, if "Behind The Force" films it, it will make for good TV.
BF

Post by BF »

I've just finished watching the first episode and I thought it was well done.

I actually like the way they jump from story to story. If I manage to catch an episode of COPS for instance, if there's a story that I'm not interested in I get up and do something else for a couple of minutes. With this setup you can't leave the TV because you don't know what they'll show next. Quite smart I think.

For the people who said they found the show quite average, fair enough. But you people have a much better understanding of police operations because it's your hobby listening to it. For the average person out there who doesn't have a clue how the police operate I think they would have found it extremely interesting.
dave
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by dave »

CHEV4EVR wrote:Geez I am sorry that two dead people, the arrest of a person who is dealing a drug which is causing all sorts of problems is not exciting enough for you people.

I will get on to the producers and see if we can get some contract killings and pay some young kids to get in high speed chases just so you can get your rocks off and watch some flashing blue lights!
are you being sarcastic? :D :D