Behind The Force Tv Show : What to Expect

News, meet-ups, general questions, emergency services procedures etc

Moderators: vk6hgr, Zebedee

Aztech

Behind The Force Tv Show : What to Expect

Post by Aztech »

Hey All,

Well. Here is my review on The Show, and What to expect.
I have seen the first 2 episodes of this show.

I dont really want to give to much away.
It is quite similar to Border Patrol.

The Pilot Episode had 3 Diffrent Cases.
1st Was a Guy Pretending to Be his Brother, whilst pulled over
resulting in him being taken to the police station - Nothing 2 serious.

2nd Story was about a Double Murder.
This was the Sad Murder that happend down in Mandurah, and also included some scenes from the manhunt in maidavale.
It was quite cool to see the "Force" camera crew, Filming The Channel 7 Crew, Going Live to air, and seeing the 2, from a diffrent angle, I liked that.

3rd Was a good old neighbourly dispute.
AV202 =P was the lucky car to attend this one, and i thought to myself, hmm why would AV 202 be heading to a Neighbourly Dispute.. BUT when they got there it was becuase one guy had done a burnout In the neighbours driveway, etc etc...

For The Pilot Episode, i feel it was not exciting enough... I mean I love the police, and anything WAPOL, BUT I would have loved to have seen, more chases, and more Lights and Siren Action.. The Exciting stuff. You could also tell that the camera crew were under STRICT instruction, to stay well clear, untill officers had established a safe presense, Whereas with "COPS" for example, the camera crew are always in with the action.

##################
EP 2
##################
Wont Give away 2 much info.

Again, the same Layout of the show
3 Scenarios.
1st Involing The TRG sqaud doing a drug raid
2nd a Domestic
3rd a Shark spotted, on the perth > rotto Swim.

Again the show really lacked any action or drama. At the end of each Scenario it was funny beacuse they had the voiceover and the screen go Black and White, and White Writing

XXXXXXX was charged with Giving a False name and was Fined $400
He was later released from Police Custody.

A real Border Security Style Show.

Im not sure how well It will rate, and considering it will be an AUSSIE wide show, it will be very interesting to see how the Critics react.

Anyway, That was my 2 Cents Worth.
Take Care..
A!
BLiNG

Post by BLiNG »

Out of curiousity do the Police / camera crew need permission from the people of interest to actually show filmed footage of them?
Aztech

Post by Aztech »

BLiNG wrote:Out of curiousity do the Police / camera crew need permission from the people of interest to actually show filmed footage of them?
Yeh,
The Camera Crew would have been carrying around forms, to allow them to broadcast them to air...
Turbo
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by Turbo »

BLiNG wrote:Out of curiousity do the Police / camera crew need permission from the people of interest to actually show filmed footage of them?
In short - no
Fastlane
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster
Amateur callsign: VK6FLMZ

Post by Fastlane »

Thats interesting, 'coz you notice alot on Border Security that faces of people are blurred out (even some of the customs officers, or people in the background).. I assumed it was because these people hadnt signed waivers to allow them to be shown?

I would've thought it would be a bit different to the news - considering a television series is invariably produced and 'sold', whereas the news isnt.. (well, not technically!) I know when some footage of me and some others was used in a 7 News commercial a few years ago, we had to sign a document..
GC101
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by GC101 »

Last edited by GC101 on Tue Nov 28, 2006 8:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aztech

Post by Aztech »

Turbo wrote:
In short - no

Turbo, can you elabarate?
I would have assumed that news is diffrent, BUT as Fastlane said, this show is being SOLD and making $$$$

Cheers
A!
Turbo
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by Turbo »

Aztech wrote:
Turbo wrote:
In short - no

Turbo, can you elabarate?
I would have assumed that news is diffrent, BUT as Fastlane said, this show is being SOLD and making $$$$

Cheers
A!
Makes no difference that its a show. Our footage is SOLD and making us $$$$ :-) Anyone can be filmed and there is nothing you can do about it going on tv or not - UNLESS like GC101 said, POI is under 18 or there is a pending case. Its a bit dodgey reallly, in a public place I can film you as much as I like and there isnt anything that you can really do about it - apart from hurt me... :P
Donga
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Donga »

Turbo is it only the media that has the right to film anything in public places or can anyone legally record without consent in a public places? What about still photographs? Are you allowed to photograph anything in public places? The reason I ask is last week on Today Tonight there was an storie on a mother over east who was told she could not take pictures of her daughter playing netball.
Turbo
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by Turbo »

No its not just media - ANYONE can film or take photos of ANYONE in a public place. I assume the netball thing was on private property. People seem to think they have the "right" not to be filmed. When I say "public place" I mean anywhere thats not on private property.
radiohead
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by radiohead »

Ok I have two questions..

First of all, how did you get to see the show Aztech? :shock:

And, I understand the public place thing about filming anyone but don't things like raids and other dispute type incidents occur mostly on private property?

Makes me wonder then how they go about filming those situations..

Jo :mrgreen:
><((((º>··`·...·`·...·`··><((((º>
Tom
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by Tom »

Hey Jo,

I wonder if there will be any footage of that 'break' at the adult-shop....

MrT
Respect the Law

Post by Respect the Law »

I think shows/ideas like these should be used more within the training of police.

Show the recruits how it really is..
Aztech

Post by Aztech »

radiohead wrote:Ok I have two questions..

First of all, how did you get to see the show Aztech? :shock:

And, I understand the public place thing about filming anyone but don't things like raids and other dispute type incidents occur mostly on private property?

Makes me wonder then how they go about filming those situations..

Jo :mrgreen:

Sorry, I cant say where.
I have friends In the Media if thats any Indication...

A!
brad_88

Re: Behind The Force Tv Show : What to Expect

Post by brad_88 »

Aztech wrote:Hey All,

I dont really want to give to much away.
haha so much for not giving too much away