Help needed for a "bricked" XTS3000

News, meet-ups, general questions, emergency services procedures etc

Moderators: vk6hgr, Zebedee

Fitzyyy
Scanners and Receivers: Uniden Bearcat ubcd396xt

Help needed for a "bricked" XTS3000

Post by Fitzyyy »

So I recently got a Motorola xts3000 off eBay from the Eastern states. It came programmed with 80ch uhf cb and a few other random frequencies that I wanted to delete from the radio.

While writing the changes from Astro Saber & xts3000 cps software, my computer suddenly froze (being the slow piece of crap it is) and I heard a "boop" on my radio. It now shows "Fail 01/82" message on the display every time I power it on.

I've tried almost every method there is on the internet to try and fix this but was wondering if anyone here has encountered the same problem and would be willing to help me out?

It's quite depressing knowing that I may be stuck with a $400 paperweight.... :(
Raptor

Re: Help needed for a "bricked" XTS3000

Post by Raptor »

PM Sent
Nosferatu
Amateur callsign: VK6XS
Scanners and Receivers: Icom IC-R6
Icom IC-756
Yaesu FT-60R
Yaesu FT-2900R
Sangean ATS-909
Sangean DPR-34+

Post by Nosferatu »

Just a few potentially stupid questions from me ...

If you have 2 of these radios ... Will you be able to talk with each other in digital and encrypted fashion in simplex ?

Being a P25 radio ... Will it be compatible with the Yaesu Fusion Digital ?

Thank's
vk6hgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
Amateur callsign: VK6HGR
Scanners and Receivers: Various Yaesu, Kenwood, Tait, Simoco and Philips'

Post by vk6hgr »

Nosferatu wrote: Being a P25 radio ... Will it be compatible with the Yaesu Fusion Digital ?
Yaesu Fusion is substantially similar to P25 but different enough that P25 radios can't talk to Fusion radios and vis-versa.
Gavin Rogers; VK6HGR
http://vk6hgr.ampr.org/
WARSUG forum administrator
Site and stream donations: https://www.paypal.me/vk6hgr
G472

Post by G472 »

Fitzyyy wrote: Wed Jun 18, 2014 11:09 pm So I recently got a Motorola xts3000 off eBay from the Eastern states. It came programmed with 80ch uhf cb and a few other random frequencies that I wanted to delete from the radio.

While writing the changes from Astro Saber & xts3000 cps software, my computer suddenly froze (being the slow piece of crap it is) and I heard a "boop" on my radio. It now shows "Fail 01/82" message on the display every time I power it on.

I've tried almost every method there is on the internet to try and fix this but was wondering if anyone here has encountered the same problem and would be willing to help me out?

It's quite depressing knowing that I may be stuck with a $400 paperweight.... :(
How did you get this fixed, need the radio fixed by tomorrow I use it for work