Road Alert topic

News, meet-ups, general questions, emergency services procedures etc

Moderators: vk6hgr, Zebedee

Donga
150+ posts
150+ posts

Road Alert topic

Post by Donga »

Guys the road alert topic is to post anything to do with the current road conditions it is not meant for normal dicussion as posted in the sticky guidelines on that topic. If you wish to continue discussing the topic please do so in here.
Brett

Post by Brett »

Hopefully one of the mods can delete some of the posts in there.
westernwedgey
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by westernwedgey »

Or transfer them to here...
Donga
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Donga »

I think at the moment there is no mod for this section so either Gavin or Doug will probably have to do it. I just noticed that alot of off topic things getting said there and wanted them to move the disscusion here.
Zebedee
Site Admin
Site Admin
Amateur callsign: VK6DB

Post by Zebedee »

Folks,

With regards to the alert thread, I've been reading the opinions regarding reposting information available from other locations and I'm curious to know what people think about the usefulness of that. For the people who have the thread on "watch", would you like to continue to receive these republished notices, or do you already see them via some other means?

Another option would be to add another section to my first post giving quicklinks to other pages of a similar nature - e.g. Main Roads traffic cameras and road conditions. (Feel free to send me the links you'd like to see put there...)

Thoughts?
Doug Bell (Zebedee) VK6DB
WARSUG Forum Administrator.

It is very dark.
You are likely to be eaten by a grue.
madmikey

Post by madmikey »

I think the reposts are a waste, as they are that big, before a couple of weeks, the toppic will have that many that the small usefull posts by people will be easily over looked.
i think we just leave it for things to be posted about what people see on the roads while out and about or things they hear about while scanning...
Zebedee
Site Admin
Site Admin
Amateur callsign: VK6DB

Post by Zebedee »

Folks,

There's now a Road Alert (Discussion) thread as well as the original thread which has been renamed to Road Alert (Annoucements)

I was originally going to just sticky this one, but I had a brain fade and couldn't remember how to rename a thread. Of course five minutes after I create a new topic, post to it, sticky it, etc - I remembered :) <sigh!> I'm getting old.

Anyhow, I'm going to lock this topic since it's now replaced by the new sticky'd one...
Doug Bell (Zebedee) VK6DB
WARSUG Forum Administrator.

It is very dark.
You are likely to be eaten by a grue.