Scanner talk for Dummies

News, meet-ups, general questions, emergency services procedures etc

Moderators: vk6hgr, Zebedee

doogues71
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Scanner talk for Dummies

Post by doogues71 »

:lol: I reckon someone should pen a book on scanning and it's lingo for dummies.They'd make fortune! :lol:
Donga
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Donga »

Doogues71 you could be onto something there but since its your idea I feel as tho anyone who does take up the idea should credit you for the idea and reward you financelly. Better still since it is your idea is there any cahnce you could do it in your spare time. I am sure memebers of this forum will help come up with things that could be published.
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

Donga wrote:Doogues71 you could be onto something there but since its your idea I feel as tho anyone who does take up the idea should credit you for the idea and reward you financelly. Better still since it is your idea is there any cahnce you could do it in your spare time. I am sure memebers of this forum will help come up with things that could be published.
Count me in to provide abit of knowledge - all you have to do is ask :wink:
Angus

Post by Angus »

Who'd buy it?
On the 7th day...god created the turd
On the 8th day...Ford made it move
dazla
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by dazla »

People like me who know nothing about radio's :?

I just know when I push the button I can talk and when I enter some numbers into my scanner I hear other people talk.

By the way I am drunk in Bali at the moment so it probably makes no sense at all............ :)
Per Ardua-Ad Astra
Donga
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Donga »

It makes alot of sense there Dazla. I would buy it aswell in the book you could also add scanner mods which can be found online. I am sure I have posted a few of my topics under the weather.
TheDoc
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by TheDoc »

id be in for it theres still not a lot things that i don't know :?
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

doogues71 wrote:hey guys,take a chill pill!!We are ment to be talking about the topic not have a slanging match!!If you are going to continue to do this.Please take it else where!THANK YOU.As for the matter at hand.Have been to the dummies website which is dummies.com.There is a book already out on scanning.Titled two-way radio & scanning for dummies.It's not just scanning but also on radios generaly.Mostly US scanning. :roll: but some of it could benifit us as well.Naturaly we would want to do one for australian radio buffs.Have contacted someone at the website.And they have said they would consider doing a book for AUSSIE readers on scanning.If there was enough intrest in it. So feel free to contact them and let them know that we want a book done for us here in Australia.
Nice work on that research Doogues :wink:

ADMIN EDIT: Oops! I accidentally deleted the post that was quoted :( -- Doug.
Angus

Post by Angus »

connor wrote:
Angus wrote:Who'd buy it?
Seeing as you asked, only your precious ppl here in WA of course!
but cmon bro no need to burst a bubblethat is hanging to die........
Not that i want to go into this any further....but...
What i meant here was that it'd be wise to ask yourself this before investing a whole lot of time and effort (not even talkin bout money yet).
So don't get your thomas the tank engine briefs in a bunch just yet
On the 7th day...god created the turd
On the 8th day...Ford made it move
madmikey

Post by madmikey »

celestial_insight

Is it just me or has anyone else noticed that user "Connor" and user "MadMikey" aren't friendly members of this forum? Funny how ppls personalities come out eventually, and hence other helpful forum members then go on to disregard any input these losers make... Each to their own I guess, but maybe there should be an IQ test to join!
hmm, concidering i put the idea forward and was some of the driving force behind the new domain name, didn't see you donating towards the upkeep of this forum???

I have a veiw on one topic that is the republishing of information, we are not supposed to republish full articles from other sources, so why allow them for this topic (road alert) and do other peoples jobs for them???
It makes sence to me to wait in here to have someone republish something that you can get long before it reaches this forum.

I haven't seen anyone complain about any other posts i've made, so what if i'm oppionated on one topic...

Built a bridge and get over yourself.
Zebedee
Site Admin
Site Admin
Amateur callsign: VK6DB

Post by Zebedee »

Just FYI, there is now a new thread for discussion of the [url=http://warsug.info/viewtopic.php?t=1156]Road Alert[/u] topic... :)
Doug Bell (Zebedee) VK6DB
WARSUG Forum Administrator.

It is very dark.
You are likely to be eaten by a grue.