Scanner Users Chat Room

News, meet-ups, general questions, emergency services procedures etc

Moderators: vk6hgr, Zebedee

HappyJackSlade

Scanner Users Chat Room

Post by HappyJackSlade »

Hey Guys and Gals.I have made a chatroom for radio scanner users.
You need to enable popups in the chatroom to allow the chat room to work properly.If you dont,you may get error messages and get loged off a bit.There are no adds if thats what your thinking,Its just the way it works thats all.
The link is www.bjjperth.com/scannerchat.
Zebedee
Site Admin
Site Admin
Amateur callsign: VK6DB

Re: Scanner Users Chat Room

Post by Zebedee »

HappyJackSlade wrote:Hey Guys and Gals.I have made a chatroom for radio scanner users.
While not wanting to dampen anyone's enthusiasm, don't forget that the #radioscanner channel (or chat-room if you prefer that term) is always active on the Austnet IRC network.

All you need is an IRC client (mIRC for Windows springs to mind but there's plenty of others).
scottwa2468

Scanner Users Chat Room

Post by scottwa2468 »

i think you arfe being negative,we all know that there is already another chat room online but whats wrong with another one?,sometimes its best to put up AND shutup
Zebedee
Site Admin
Site Admin
Amateur callsign: VK6DB

Re: Scanner Users Chat Room

Post by Zebedee »

scottwa2468 wrote:i think you arfe being negative,we all know that there is already another chat room online but whats wrong with another one?,sometimes its best to put up AND shutup
My intention was not to be negative, just to point out that there's a perfectly good, functioning chat room already there (and it's been there for a number of years - in fact the IRC channel came first, a loooong time before the WARSUG website and this forum!)

Since the purpose of a chat room is to get people to talk to each other in the same place at the same time, it simply makes more sense to me to all use the same one, otherwise what's the point?

To connect to #radioscanner on Austnet, if you can't or don't want to install a dedicated IRC client program, there's web-based Java clients that will do the trick, although personally I don't think they're as good...

HappyJackSlade is to be commended for taking some initiative here and I'm certainly not trying to pour cold water over his enthusiasm. I'm just questioning whether it's a case of re-inventing the wheel ...