police aborting pursuits

News, meet-ups, general questions, emergency services procedures etc

Moderators: vk6hgr, Zebedee

should police abort dangerious persuits

Poll ended at Mon Jul 18, 2005 9:09 pm

yes,police should not engange is pursuits
17%
police should only abort pursuits when chasing car drives into opposing traffice or when speed exeds 120kmph
83%

Total votes: 6

scottwa2468

police aborting pursuits

Post by scottwa2468 »

just wondering what peoples thoughts are with police aborting pursuits
HappyJackSlade

Post by HappyJackSlade »

Chase them i say.The abort status should be left to the S/O's discression and also the driver of the vehicle.
Raptor50se

Police aborting Pursuits

Post by Raptor50se »

Hi,

I say do what the Americans do and drive up beside them and shoot out the tyres or use the spikes.

An maybe a few lashes with a whip like in Singapore might curb the little youngsters from stealing cars for fun.
HappyJackSlade

Post by HappyJackSlade »

Raptor50se.I love it when you talk dirdy like that.lol
Guns whips and spike lol :shock: lol
scottwa2468

police aborting pursuits

Post by scottwa2468 »

police here sometimes do use spikes to stop drivers,for example with the supreme court breakout,i do think that police should have bars on the front of there vechles like they have in america to tap cars off the road providing that they have the proper training,part of the reason i say this is because the wa government(police) dont own the vechles they lease them so if the vechle is damaged from being rammed etc. etc. then the wa tax payers fork out the money
godinoz

Post by godinoz »

Back in the old days the police would do whatever they could to catch them. Unfortunantly, toffee nosed goodie two shoes of the world have stated that we shouldn't do that. The baddies know what the parametres are, for example the pursuit last night. The baddie turned off his headlights and went to the wrong side of the road. In normal circumstances that would mean "all over, red rover". EXCEPT last night Polair was up and about and in the right place at the right time.
In the old days you had 0ne baddies car smashed, a couple of delta cars and two or three GD's vans smashed from the one pursuit, BUT at least they got them!!! And the baddies new that if they couldn't get away cleanly, they weren't getting away at all!!!!
Walks
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Walks »

Walks.
Last edited by Walks on Mon Mar 13, 2006 5:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I was there when they flicked the switch
June 2, 2008
godinoz

Post by godinoz »

Oh for the good ol days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: