Behind The Force Tv Show : What to Expect

News, meet-ups, general questions, emergency services procedures etc

Moderators: vk6hgr, Zebedee

pinkbosseslady
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by pinkbosseslady »

I liked the show, I thought the incident with the traffic stop was well done. Shows that our copppers aint stupid they know what there doing and know when someones talking crap. That guy just looks stupid now.

Did anyone else notice that an address was half given out in the footage of that incident, What do people think about that?
Donga
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Donga »

As I have said in another post I quite enjoyed the show my only problem was it could have been a 1hr show instead of 30minutes but I will except the 30minutes anyway. It was only the first episode I am sure those who are not privilaged to have scanners like most on this site would have appreacted the show maybe more then those who have because we have a chance to hear thses events everyday on our scanners where as those without scanners now get a chance to see what happens once a week, I believe next season will go ahead and other police forces will get behind the show so you will not only see WA but you get a chance to see other states at work as well.
doogues71
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by doogues71 »

joss wrote:Doogues, I spoke with Dan Meenan yesterday (the Exec Producer of the show) and he is looking at a run of 10 episodes in the first series, and the next few weeks ratings will determine if they start on series 2 very soon.

PS If anyone missed it and wants a copy of the show and the media booklet that comes with it, PM me.
Thanks Joss Thats great.
Turbo
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by Turbo »

Tom wrote:
PS: Filming over the wall at Curtain house is fun - thats the only way you get to see the scum bag criminal becuase they dont know they are being filmed - by the time they come through the gates in the car they have covered themselves with a jacket - not to mention the tint!
G'day Turbo,

Nah sorry I don't agree. When I researched and made enquires into what's legal and what's not to take photos of Emergency vehicles I was told by numerous sources that anything that is in the 'public-eye' is ok, but once you have to start peering over people walls and using a ladder to gain a height advantage it's out of bounds. Isn't this the purpose of all wall anyway.

Someone made a comment in an earlier thread about no law to stop you photographing/filming, yes that is correct but as long as the subject can be seen unobstructed.

Put it this way say your your nudie sun-bathing in your rear back-yard would you want me to stick a ladder against your fence and pull out my camera (just my camera, nothing else :roll: ) and start filming you?? No I think you'll find is the answer..

Same deal applies for Curtin House I would of assumed.

Didn't some of the OMCG get busted a few years back for filming into the rear compound, big media case...similar sort of thing.

cheers

Tom
I think CHEV has already covered this but just to clarify I think the OMCG thing was that they were listening to what was happening INSIDE Curtain House - big difference.

I thought we would be on the same side anyway? All the pics you take of emergency vehicles - If you had a 4WD van wouldnt you use the sunroof to get the first exclusive shot of a XR6 Turbo behind the wall at Curtain House? - knowing that it is legal.
Tom
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by Tom »

If you had a 4WD van wouldnt you use the sunroof to get the first exclusive shot of a XR6 Turbo behind the wall at Curtain House? - knowing that it is legal.
Err No...It's on the other side of a wall so definately NOT.

And I don't photograph unmarked cars anyway.

rgds

Tom
Turbo
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by Turbo »

Tom wrote:
If you had a 4WD van wouldnt you use the sunroof to get the first exclusive shot of a XR6 Turbo behind the wall at Curtain House? - knowing that it is legal.
Err No...It's on the other side of a wall so definately NOT.

And I don't photograph unmarked cars anyway.

rgds

Tom
Sorry I wasnt correct in my last post. You can see over the wall at Curtain House by simply standing on the footpath and looking at the building. Does this change your opinion on taking a photo of something in plain sight?
Tom
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by Tom »

You might think that is okay is capture images/footage from the footpath on Stirling St but I don't agree with it and i'm sure SSU would have something to say if they saw it.

I don't think your entirely correct about the OMCG thing, i seem to recall they were filming from the skanky Backpackers next door into the rear compound. It was a bigh news item at time, so you should recall it.

And you've gotta be about 10 foot tall to clearly see over that rear wall anyway.

Tom

[/quote]
Turbo
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by Turbo »

Tom, next time you are out the front of Curtain House taking pics of marked cars, walk around the back and have a look for yourself. You can see the back of the building where the police walk the offenders inside quite easily.

Are you a migit? I dont mean to offend you or any other "little people" if you are, but I am only 6ft and my boss is about 5'6" and we both have a clear view without assistance.

What is SSU and if they havent cared for the past YEARS why would they now.

As I said, Im not sure about the OMCG but I believe it was listening devices.

Im not looking for an argument and I honestly think you have misunderstood me. If there is a 5ft gate around the bottom of a skyscraper, does that mean I shouldnt film the building?

We work WITH the police - if they dont want us to film something for a certain reason, we wont.
westernwedgey
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by westernwedgey »

[quote="Turbo"
What is SSU[/quote]

State Security Unit
Chicky
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by Chicky »

I just found this on Perth Now - looks like we'll get a double taste of excitement on Wednesday nights! Awesome! :D
http://www.news.com.au/perthnow/story/0 ... 68,00.html
West Coast Eagles
AFL Premiers 1992, 1994 & 2006 and....... ;)
R/Up 1991 & 2005
Since 1987 and still going strong :)
Walks
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Walks »

Police Files: Unlocked featureshigh-speed action including police pursuits, high-tech surveillance and police sting operations – from Australia and around the globe caught on tape.
No more John Bunnell................please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Walks.
I was there when they flicked the switch
June 2, 2008
Fastlane
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster
Amateur callsign: VK6FLMZ

Post by Fastlane »

Walks wrote:
Police Files: Unlocked featureshigh-speed action including police pursuits, high-tech surveillance and police sting operations – from Australia and around the globe caught on tape.

Walks.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6e16mLYNls
:lol:

Watch for the crazy wheelchair halfway through!
doogues71
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by doogues71 »

Walks wrote:

Walks.
:lol: i'm with you on that one Walks AHAHAH!!! :lol:
Chicky
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by Chicky »

Can someone pls fill me in? John Bunnell? Or should I know? :oops:
West Coast Eagles
AFL Premiers 1992, 1994 & 2006 and....... ;)
R/Up 1991 & 2005
Since 1987 and still going strong :)