Behind The Force Tv Show : What to Expect

News, meet-ups, general questions, emergency services procedures etc

Moderators: vk6hgr, Zebedee

yorky

Post by yorky »

Well in some cut scenes there some in-car lights and sirens action so hopefully the best is yet to come?
Chicky
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by Chicky »

Brad Michau wrote:agree with you tom. was pretty average, yeh exactly like border security. i reckon they wasted their time with all the music and crap in the back ground. they should get some tips from the makers of the U.S show cops. so much better
Bad boys, bad boys, what you gonna do, what you gonna do when they come for you :D

I quite enjoyed it - but I do like shows like Border Security and Medical Emergency and yeah, a lot of nothing much happening quickly but it is good to see that its our own WAPOL that are first off the rank with this in Oz. I say good luck to them and here's hoping they got good ratings :)
West Coast Eagles
AFL Premiers 1992, 1994 & 2006 and....... ;)
R/Up 1991 & 2005
Since 1987 and still going strong :)
doogues71
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by doogues71 »

dave wrote:
crabs wrote:for a 30 minute show their actually wasn't much footage just bull-shit to drag it out.

that US COPS show is 100,000,000,000 times better.

if that was screened aust-wide I see eastern states viewers will be scratching theire heads wondering.....was just like watching the news.

crabz guy
It was only the pilot show, i reckon we should give a few weeks before we make harsh judgements

personally i didn't mind the show
How many shows are in the can does anyone know
radiohead
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by radiohead »

Oh c'mon you lot, don't be so harsh.. :roll:

It's only the first episode and already most of you are slagging it off!:shock:

I reckon it was quite good and I gotta say good on 'em to our cops for being ballsy enough to take the show on, which is more than the other states can say. :wink:

Sounds like a lot of you set your expectations unrealistically high, which more often than not leads to disappointment.

How's about we show a bit of support here, it's definitely way too early to cast such criticism. Will be interesting to see if you think the same five or six episodes down the track eh?

Bah.. Lighten up people ffs! :mrgreen:
><((((º>··`·...·`·...·`··><((((º>
Arby

Post by Arby »

I thought it was good... but how annoyed would ya be at work tomorrow if you were that Daniel guy... or Craig... or Daniel??? :o

I think those shows are great, but I definitely wouldn't wanna be pulled over and have my face shown all over Australia being made out as an idiot.

I wouldn't have done what he did, especially if a camera was pokin' in my face... what a fool. :roll:

8) Arbz
Turbo
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by Turbo »

The camera crew that were filming this show went well over expected filming period due to lack of content - but hey, thats Perth.

PS: Filming over the wall at Curtain house is fun - thats the only way you get to see the scum bag criminal becuase they dont know they are being filmed - by the time they come through the gates in the car they have covered themselves with a jacket - not to mention the tint!
Last edited by Turbo on Wed Aug 23, 2006 2:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
ZO100_marto
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by ZO100_marto »

radiohead wrote: Sounds like a lot of you set your expectations unrealistically high, which more often than not leads to disappointment.
Couldn't agree more! It's not the US of A and there's not a couple of dozen camera crews riding shotgun all day.

I'm sure it would have taken quite some time to get enough suitable footage together from just a couple of camera crews. Just remember, how many times a day do you hear a BIG job on the radio?!

At the end of the day its probably more of a PR thing, showing what real policing is all about...and I'm sure there's going to be lots more of the same in the next episodes :)

One things for sure though, those good old commerical tv producers sure love dragging things out (although atleast not as bad as border security) :wink:

marto
Walks
150+ posts
150+ posts

Re: Behind The Force Tv Show : What to Expect

Post by Walks »

Aztech wrote:3rd Was a good old neighbourly dispute.
AV202 =P was the lucky car to attend this one, and i thought to myself, hmm why would AV 202 be heading to a Neighbourly Dispute.. BUT when they got there it was becuase one guy had done a burnout In the neighbours driveway, etc etc...
The good Ol' use of file footage in this one. Was a JC car that attended. Hahaha.
I was there when they flicked the switch
June 2, 2008
Tom
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by Tom »

PS: Filming over the wall at Curtain house is fun - thats the only way you get to see the scum bag criminal becuase they dont know they are being filmed - by the time they come through the gates in the car they have covered themselves with a jacket - not to mention the tint!
G'day Turbo,

Nah sorry I don't agree. When I researched and made enquires into what's legal and what's not to take photos of Emergency vehicles I was told by numerous sources that anything that is in the 'public-eye' is ok, but once you have to start peering over people walls and using a ladder to gain a height advantage it's out of bounds. Isn't this the purpose of all wall anyway.

Someone made a comment in an earlier thread about no law to stop you photographing/filming, yes that is correct but as long as the subject can be seen unobstructed.

Put it this way say your your nudie sun-bathing in your rear back-yard would you want me to stick a ladder against your fence and pull out my camera (just my camera, nothing else :roll: ) and start filming you?? No I think you'll find is the answer..

Same deal applies for Curtin House I would of assumed.

Didn't some of the OMCG get busted a few years back for filming into the rear compound, big media case...similar sort of thing.

cheers

Tom
GC101
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by GC101 »

Last edited by GC101 on Tue Nov 28, 2006 8:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kellie
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by kellie »

Last edited by kellie on Thu Jan 25, 2007 1:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JG-103

Post by JG-103 »

i still loved it, best part about it is that its West Aussie. How shocking was it that the girl got picked of running across the street!!!
Fozzy

Post by Fozzy »

At the end of the day its all well and good to slag it off.

However.

You can not compare this show to COPS. Cops has been running in the USA for 15 or 16 seasons with many "Special" Episodes. It is also filmed over MOST OF AMERICA!

The Force is a show in its infantcy filmed in Western Australia.

Compare the populations, the minumim wage and the poverty rate. Even those things should be enough to make it clear in your head these 2 shows are apples and oranges.

Personally I thought the show was ok.

The jumping around between cases was abit annoying.. But it does seem to be a format that has worked for Border Security (one of australias highest rating shows I think.)

Maybe watch the whole first season before we start condeming this one to the grave.. Just remember if this one fails there may never be a show like this thats made locally ever again