Security Work

News, meet-ups, general questions, emergency services procedures etc

Moderators: vk6hgr, Zebedee

dazla
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by dazla »

Good luck JMMW.

I hope you find what you are after mate.
jmmw
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by jmmw »

Hey guys just an update

Today i sent in my registration form to Valiant Training and should be starting my Cert II on monday. Would have liked to do my cert III at the same time but just doing the 7 day course to get my cert II has me missing to much tafe.

Just in case anyone else is interested the Cert II course with valiant currently includes Senior first aid, crowd control, construction safety awareness training (bluecard) and first attack fire fighting training all up for $380 but this was with a special offer which apparently ends later this month.

I shall keep this thread updated :)
Cloverfield
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Cloverfield »

Last edited by Cloverfield on Thu Feb 14, 2008 10:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Styles can be applied quickly to selected text! meh!
jmmw
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by jmmw »

Thanks Awk@night :)

I wont forget :P
jmmw
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by jmmw »

Finished the valiant course, wasnt to bad didnt really do much though?

80% of it was sitting in a crowded room reading one by one out loud very tedious and the assessments they give you are quite stupid, IE they give you a list 30 reasons to do something in a book then a question will ask you to list 20 of them.

Was very very boring most of the time but i really enjoyed the people there most were heaps good though there were a few characters (read: pompous know-it-alls) who got a little annoying.

So just in case anyone is reading this wanting to have a look into security work valiant is an alright trainer, nothing great though. people are nice and such but i would have liked more practical training where you got to actually do it instead of just watching the instructor do it.
Cloverfield
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Cloverfield »

Congrats!!!
TheDoc
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by TheDoc »

Congrats mate,. as i said previously i did my course 4yrs ago and have enjoyed the experience ever since then
munchkin1981
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by munchkin1981 »

crongrates hun
It wasn't me honest.....it was the cat I'm sweet and innocent one :)
ConstableCare
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by ConstableCare »

jmmw wrote:Finished the valiant course, wasnt to bad didnt really do much though?

80% of it was sitting in a crowded room reading one by one out loud very tedious and the assessments they give you are quite stupid, IE they give you a list 30 reasons to do something in a book then a question will ask you to list 20 of them.

So just in case anyone is reading this wanting to have a look into security work valiant is an alright trainer, nothing great though. people are nice and such but i would have liked more practical training where you got to actually do it instead of just watching the instructor do it.
Typical of most "tick and flick" security training organisations... No offence meant to 'jmmw' but candidates still come fresh out of these courses and still can't answer the basic questions relating to the Criminal Code etc...

Good luck 'jmmw' with it all anyway.... There are plenty of crooks still lurking in the industry! :(

Cheers, CC 8)
Cloverfield
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Cloverfield »

Last edited by Cloverfield on Thu Feb 14, 2008 10:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
jmmw
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by jmmw »

oh no the first day we did a little about law, just trespass really and then some laws about security and stuff but it was very "tick & flick", very tedious
dazla
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by dazla »

Under what section does a person, other than a police officer, arrrest a person for an offence JMMW?
jmmw
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by jmmw »

ummm just off the top of my head?

errr section 56-something- of the wa criminal code.

Any person may arrest someone who he believes on reasonable grounds to be commiting or commited an offence punishable with imprisonment.
dazla
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by dazla »

Not having a go at you mate, your just a student, but this training should really concerntrate on the powers you are able to use as a Security Officer.
jmmw
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by jmmw »

couldn't agree more, we only brushed on the subject