Fav Cars in WAP fleet

News, meet-ups, general questions, emergency services procedures etc

Moderators: vk6hgr, Zebedee

Robo
150+ posts
150+ posts

Re: Fav Cars in WAP fleet

Post by Robo »

Millsy wrote:just interested in know what some of your fav cars are in the WAPS fleet ?

I have 2 ... TE210 and UQ103 ....
Millsy, I was lucky enough to drive TE210 when I was on the bus, I used to always grab the keys to it first when on day shift. The light bar is awesome at night, I think all WAPOL fleet should have that bar because during the day it is highly visable and at night it almost makes you have a seizure because it is that effective.
Am going to visit the snr connie on thursday that usually drives it so will try to get some night shots of the bar opperating because there seems to be some interest in it.
Tom
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by Tom »

Robo/Millsy,

I'm pretty sure both of you are oz_pol members, but I'll post those close-ups I took of TE210's light-bar in the morning.

Some night shots would be superb.

rgds

Tom
Turbo
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by Turbo »

I will see if I can get some night shots over the next week. I carry an EOS-350D with me at night but rarely use it...
danny
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by danny »

As with all of the light bars (L.E.D.) the further away you get from them the brighter they are.

Robo, when you drop in to the bus, walk across to TEGS and say hi, ill put the kettle on :)
Tom
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by Tom »

Few more shots of some TEG cars (thanks again to Danny for his help).

Tom
Millsy

Re: Fav Cars in WAP fleet

Post by Millsy »

Robo wrote:try to get some night shots of the bar opperating because there seems to be some interest in it.
That would be mint mate :D
Millsy

Post by Millsy »

Hey all. . . maybe danny could answer this one for us... how man TEG cars are there ? ( with the High Vis Marking)
pinkbosseslady
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by pinkbosseslady »

Im gonna take a stab and say 8 in silver and then one that is white with HWP markings
danny
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by danny »

Millsy wrote:Hey all. . . maybe danny could answer this one for us... how man TEG cars are there ? ( with the High Vis Marking)
About 10 TEG cars with more to come :) but you can read that in the paper soon :)

Plus the ones out in the bush, not TEGS but silver SV6's there are a few of them out there, they just dont have the TE call sign.

Apart from the silver markings, you can always tell you have been pulled over by TEGS, as the ticket will cost you money :twisted:
westernwedgey
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by westernwedgey »

danny wrote:
Millsy wrote:Hey all. . . maybe danny could answer this one for us... how man TEG cars are there ? ( with the High Vis Marking)
About 10 TEG cars with more to come :) but you can read that in the paper soon :)

Plus the ones out in the bush, not TEGS but silver SV6's there are a few of them out there, they just dont have the TE call sign.

Apart from the silver markings, you can always tell you have been pulled over by TEGS, as the ticket will cost you money :twisted:
When don't they cost money :lol:
Robo
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Robo »

westernwedgey wrote:
danny wrote:

Have worked with Danny and I believe the point he is getting at is that TEGS book people where GD's or other sections caution people. That is if they even pull you up.
Whats the saying Danny, TIG's not TEG's, standing for Traffic Infringement Group.
But seriously they are not arrogant coppas at TEG's, despite popular belief.
Ludacris
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Ludacris »

"If you do what you have always done, you will get what you have always got"
Walks
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Walks »

An old and wise traffic man once said, "If I have to waste my time pulling them over, by gee they are going to pay for it."

Walks.
I was there when they flicked the switch
June 2, 2008
westernwedgey
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by westernwedgey »

Robo wrote:
westernwedgey wrote:
danny wrote: About 10 TEG cars with more to come :) but you can read that in the paper soon :)

Have worked with Danny and I believe the point he is getting at is that TEGS book people where GD's or other sections caution people. That is if they even pull you up.
Whats the saying Danny, TIG's not TEG's, standing for Traffic Infringement Group.
But seriously they are not arrogant coppas at TEG's, despite popular belief.
I was joking Robo, an obviously bad attempt at wit :lol:
Ludacris
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Ludacris »

I think we need a sarcasm emotion next to the Reply text box... :roll:

Can we add one, I would use it for sure..
"If you do what you have always done, you will get what you have always got"