I've been off line and missed my chance

News, meet-ups, general questions, emergency services procedures etc

Moderators: vk6hgr, Zebedee

just.nosey

I've been off line and missed my chance

Post by just.nosey »

My computer crashed (mother board) so I have been offline and missed my chance to reply before the thread was locked.

I ponder a few points I would like to list (waits for the back lash)

Is there really a need for obscene langauge to be used? after all both guys and gals read what is written here and I for one can't see the need to swear, abuse, or use profanities against another person just to get a point across.

If each and every one of you research my posts thus far I defy you to find one profanity and that is because I am able to convey my point without the need to swear.

Suffice to say there is good and bad everywhere and I have no doubt there is still a few bad eggs in the Police Service and while I would like to think otherwise I would be extremely foolish to do so.

Yes there are some idiot coppers (takes various forms) out there and god knows I have encounted a few in my lifetime but at the end of the day they would account for less than one half of one percent of the coppers in the job who do the right thing day in day out.

One or more things usually happen either they are pulled into line by their Boss, or their partners, who say "I don't want to play this game", or they are shown the door courtesy of the Commissioner with a Section 8.

I would like to add that for every idiot cop I have encounted, I have met 100 who are intent on doing the right thing and do their job to the best of their ability.

When speaking to a Police Officer your attitude accounts for a lot in the way you will be dealt with by him or her.

I has been correctly stated that this is a Police Scanner Forum that discusses things both heard and seen, which at the end of the day is Police Proceedure and Policy in Motion and therefore I believe gives us all licence to discuss things in depth and more fully.

Having read the various posts for months some of which brought a new meaning to the words "guess work" I decided to register as I felt I had something to contribute.

I did not come here to Fight, to Big Note Myself, or to Tell any of you Lies, none of which (I might add) I have done.

I absolutely respect the right of any person to have an opinion and I expect to have that same right myself.

Whether the coppers end up driving V8's, V6's, Turbo's, or Pushbikes really doesn't concern me although we might see some slimmer Sgt's around the place, if they were to revert to pushbikes.

You will all notice I made no comment in either of Byte's posts because in my opinion they were not worthy of a response from anyone except for perhaps Chev4evr as it appears he was the arresting officer and I uderstand the reasons behind his.

One needs to remember there are two sides to every story and it is extremely rare for a baddie to tell the absolute truth about what really happend.

Respectfully Submitted For Your Attention And Consideration
Donga
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Donga »

Couldn't have said it better.
dazla
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by dazla »

Good post mate :)
Per Ardua-Ad Astra