WARSUG meetup in early 2006? if any one interested.

News, meet-ups, general questions, emergency services procedures etc

Moderators: vk6hgr, Zebedee

Donga
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Donga »

What day suits everyone then either Saturday or a Sunday? Any one got an idea of a good location in or near the city I think its central for everyone and easy to get to by public transport if you need to. Saturday would suit me better tho as I do use public transport and there is limited public transport on Sundays. Locations I can think of so far are Kings Park meet at the dna tower for a bbq byo food and drink, Bobby Dazzlers or any Bar in Perth we could meet at the traino unless we can work out which bar to go to. If any 1 has idea for suitable day and time leave a message in this forum and we can all choose as a group or Gavin being the owner of the group can decide.
vk6hgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
Amateur callsign: VK6HGR
Scanners and Receivers: Various Yaesu, Kenwood, Tait, Simoco and Philips'

Post by vk6hgr »

I'm up for any Saturday and my preference is in the city. A bar wouldn't be such a good meeting place since not all our members are over 18 :-)
Gavin Rogers; VK6HGR
http://vk6hgr.ampr.org/
WARSUG forum administrator
Site and stream donations: https://www.paypal.me/vk6hgr
Donga
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Donga »

There are plenty of coffie shops in the city we can choose from. What we could do then is meet up at the Perth train station and decide from there unless any1 knows of any good coffie shops in the city. I know there is a couple of them in the chase we could choose from. They have outdoor seating wich would probaly be suited for a large sized group.
radiohead
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by radiohead »

I think King's Park would be a sensible location if people are going to actually have their scanners on. I don't think a cafe or pub seems appropriate considering.
You don't have to be 18+ to go to King's Park either, if people want to go into town perhaps we could make it so we meet at King's Park first then take it from there..
Northbridge anyone? :lol:
Chicky
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by Chicky »

This sounds like a great idea....so from what I can gather it's definitely Kings Park? And by the sounds of it a Saturday?

Anyone going to set a date? I'll be there provided there's a few days notice 8)
West Coast Eagles
AFL Premiers 1992, 1994 & 2006 and....... ;)
R/Up 1991 & 2005
Since 1987 and still going strong :)
Donga
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Donga »

How about the 4th of March then. That gives a few weeks notice and we can decide a suitable time and exact location for everyone to meet at Kings Park. I havent been to kings park for yonks.> Are we going to make it byo or does everyone want to bring a plat of food for all to share or there is the cafe there. What does every one think.
dazla
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by dazla »

4th of March sounds fine. I think a BYO BBQ would be a good idea if you are interested.

The area around Western Powers Parklands (near the playground) seems to be popular.

Just my two cents.
Per Ardua-Ad Astra
Donga
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Donga »

Is there a cafe there for those who may have trouble bringing food. I am using public transport so I might be challenging to bring along everything needed for a bbq and I am sure there will be others but the spot sounds great.
radiohead
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by radiohead »

4th of March sounds good. :D

I reckon a BYO BBQ is a good idea and for people who prefer to buy something there is a cafe there and a restaurant there if that helps.

What time are we lookin at?
I reckon Mid-afternoon maybe around 2-3pm.. any other thoughts? :mrgreen: