Hiya

News, meet-ups, general questions, emergency services procedures etc

Moderators: vk6hgr, Zebedee

ReDirtGirl

Hiya

Post by ReDirtGirl »

Hi Im new to this forum, and to the radio communications hobby. When we were growing up we used to have a am/upper/lower sb radio & scanner, and i remember spending hours on this, so am getting back into it.
I currently have a GMETX3000 in my car, but am wanting to buy a base station & scanner for home, so have been reading the posts learning information (loads its great!)about whats around these days, and where to get a good second hand set from.

So Hi all from the Rainbow Coast...(Albany WA)
Nina
doogues71
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by doogues71 »

Welcome Redirtgirl,Albanys a great spot been there a few times.Took my scanner down there one year when i first got it.For such a small city(nearly a city)Quite alot happens especially around this end of the year.
WPXZBP

Post by WPXZBP »

G'day ReDirtGirl - I used to live in Mount Barker.

Keep an eye on the online auction sites and also VK Ham for stuff on sale.
ReDirtGirl

Re Hiya

Post by ReDirtGirl »

Thanks guys for your welcome, is always hard to start in a new forum, especially one where you want to ask questions, and feel silly doing so when you dont really know what you are asking!
Mt Barker hey>? different kinda place to live, although is growing in leaps and bounds lately
Nina
Bonez

Post by Bonez »

Feel free to just ask as many questions as you want, even if you think they are silly... you gotta start somewhere and this place is a wealth of information!

We aren't scared to help you, so don't be scared to ask!

:)

Welcome!
gkoutlis

Re: Re Hiya

Post by gkoutlis »

ReDirtGirl wrote:Thanks guys for your welcome, is always hard to start in a new forum, especially one where you want to ask questions, and feel silly doing so when you dont really know what you are asking!
Mt Barker hey>? different kinda place to live, although is growing in leaps and bounds lately
Welcome to you ReDirtGirl, It's always hard starting off on a forum, It's perfectly okay to ask questions we are all here to help - Everyone here on this forum goes out of there way for everyone else - myself included - So please ask away and we'll help.

:)