Blue Beacon?

News, meet-ups, general questions, emergency services procedures etc

Moderators: vk6hgr, Zebedee

jmmw
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Blue Beacon?

Post by jmmw »

Last edited by jmmw on Wed Jul 15, 2015 12:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
JG-103

Post by JG-103 »

Possibley works in the mines, blue light has a meaning... cant remember but yeah... wouldnt think it'd be police related
Hm681

Post by Hm681 »

u didnt te pull over 4 having camera while driving, im impress
LOADEDDOG

Post by LOADEDDOG »

Yes I belive that vehical is mine related possabley related to the blasting process
The Name on the mudflaps would be Waliston Steel , the makers of the trayback
VKS737 W6374
Fastlane
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster
Amateur callsign: VK6FLMZ

Post by Fastlane »

LOADEDDOG wrote:Yes I belive that vehical is mine related possabley related to the blasting process
The Name on the mudflaps would be Waliston Steel , the makers of the trayback
It would be illegal for that to be on the vehicle whilst it is on public roads. At the least it should be covered up.

(You'll notice the fire vehicles they use at Barbagallo Raceway have the red/blue lights covered when off the track).
auntys_eyes

Post by auntys_eyes »

Once had a TV prop vehicle pulled up for having a 'blue beacon' fitted whilst on a public road. It was being driven from the studios to a nearby park for a publicity show. Cops didn't have a sense of humour but only gave a warning. (Anyone remember the kids show Ship to Shore???)
WARSUG Moderator - Media Section

VBFB Member

No onion, no garlic, no chilli, no pepper... NO POINT!!
JG-103

Post by JG-103 »

i do.
i remember the tune song like it was yesterday :)
LOADEDDOG

Post by LOADEDDOG »

Yep sure do remember "Ship To Shore" , made by Barron Entertainment and shot on Garden island and Point Perron.
Same as "Bush patrol" shot mainly in John Forrest National Park
and one I found recently "parallax" shot around Kings Park and Parkerville
VKS737 W6374
auntys_eyes

Post by auntys_eyes »

The vehicle i referred to was the green Mahindra (Jeep) that was driven by Hermes, the bumbling security guard at the ficticious A.S.N.O.T. base. It had a big 'blue beacon' in the middle of the bonnet.

VBFB Member

JG-103

Post by JG-103 »

does anyone know what the name of that show is on channel 9 that is filmed in fremantle, its a kids program, but its like ship to shore but its shot at freo markets, and freo beach where maccas is and the park near the esplanade hotel and what not.
auntys_eyes

Post by auntys_eyes »

I believe the show your talking about is called 'Street Smartz'. Kids show shot in and around Freo. Lots of 'wobble cam' hand held, it is shot very basically with minimal lighting and setup.

VBFB Member

Ambul8
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Ambul8 »

in underground mining a blue beacon in the shaft's means a vehicle that cannot be overtaken (ie a bogger, grader, service truck, etc)

Given the vast amounts of underground minds in metro WA I can see why this vehicle would have its light up .......
Ambul8 - if u break urself i'll fix u! Maybe...
ImageImage
JG-103

Post by JG-103 »

auntys_eyes wrote:I believe the show your talking about is called 'Street Smartz'. Kids show shot in and around Freo. Lots of 'wobble cam' hand held, it is shot very basically with minimal lighting and setup.
Thats it. Thanks mate, everytime i go to freo i go pass that "resturaunt" that they own and yeah.. iv been tryin to remember what it was called. I thought it was pretty good for a perth based show, good to see places ur familiar with. Didnt know ship to shore was done at point peron.

Where was that plan that they had ???

Anyone seen the film Last Train to Freo ??
Sorry to go off topic :oops:
Tyranus
Amateur callsign: VK6FWDH
Scanners and Receivers: UBC93XLT

Post by Tyranus »

haha good old ship to shore...When I was working as a TA up in Leinster, I was told the blue light on the forklifts meant that it was carrying explosives. Could work for underground too...I'll confirm it with a mate who works up North.
Stirling SES
Team Leader (Stirling 53)
Vertical Rescue Team Member
K9 7 Support

VK6FWDH
ex-Darlington FB
WARSUG Demi-God I mean Mod
If stupidity got me into this mess, why can't it get me out.
celestial_insight
Banned

Post by celestial_insight »

I think lights on the roof of vehicles is covered by DPI not Police, but may be wrong. Any coppers know if it is an offence to have an amber revolving light on a vehicle (not turned on) as I see heaps of them these days.

http://www.dpi.wa.gov.au/mediaFiles/lic_vsb13.pdf