Fixed speed cameras on freeways

News, meet-ups, general questions, emergency services procedures etc

Moderators: vk6hgr, Zebedee

GC101
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by GC101 »

Last edited by GC101 on Tue Nov 28, 2006 7:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
westernwedgey
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by westernwedgey »

I drove through the permanent digital speed readout sign on the freeway next to the train station works at Leach Hwy overpass on Sun...just about every car was doing between 57 and 65kms (60km zone)

Of course the one idiot that was going so fast the readout came back XXX as the speed...kind of looked like an ad for a 4X (XXXX) beer...

I think these mobile speed readout signs are a really good idea...
Fastlane
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster
Amateur callsign: VK6FLMZ

Post by Fastlane »

GC101 wrote:i would like too see digital speeds sign atleast in the inner city so around road works, or say a traffic accident they can slow the traffic down, say your a copper doing a crash on the freeway, its pretty dangerous having cars flying past at 100, if the signs before can slow the traffic down to 80 or 60 safety would rise and they could also raise speed limits at night when road works are over..... i ofter feel perth is pretty far behind with road technology, and safety, we always lag behind, its about time the govt spend some of their money and try new things and try to lead the way not just watch what other states do!
Lots of these interstate.. looks like a standard speed limit sign but is made up of LED's or similar and can be changed remotely. Closest we get are the odd "no right turn" ones that turn on during peak periods (Hutton x Main is one that springs to mind).
madmikey

Post by madmikey »

Bonez wrote: I don't see how this can help, because people blatantly and arrogantly ignore the roadworks signs that are around at the moment..

Have you driven on the Kwinana Fwy lately?
I haven't used the freeway in about 6 months, but it was BS then with all the road works, and i'm sure it still is... No wonder people speed through it.. I used to travel it 4 times or more a day and 90% of the time there are all these rodwork signs ans reduced speed limits and not a single person in sight!!!
madmikey

Post by madmikey »

dave wrote:for those of you who whinge about multinova's bing a revenue raiser, I am trying to work out wht you care.

It is this simple, don't speed-you won't get caught. Not a hard concept to work out, also if revenue was not gained that way then I wander whether I would be paying more tax, governments got to get money from somewhere-why not from people who choose to disregard the law.
The last infringement I got was cos I had an expired licence (it was a fair call from the officer but he was also good enough to let me drive my car home since i was only a few K's from home)

But read the article, it says that more people are killed on country roads... yet lets focus on the city areas by adding more cameras in the city where the road toll is less (I don't know how that makes sence to you... I'm sorry, but any way you look at it, it is revenue raising)...

I guess it comes down to all the goodie two shoes on this forum... I have been known to speed every know and then by upto about 10km, so come on everyone flame me for it... but at least I am an honest person about it which is more than I can say about most people in here... It shits me...
danny
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by danny »

Robo wrote:Well said!

Once heard a seasoned coppa say. "its not revenue, if it was revenue then everyone would have to pay, therefor consider it more of a donation, thank you for your donation".

Danny knows who!!
Hehehehehe :twisted:
dave
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by dave »

madmikey wrote:
dave wrote:for those of you who whinge about multinova's bing a revenue raiser, I am trying to work out wht you care.

It is this simple, don't speed-you won't get caught. Not a hard concept to work out, also if revenue was not gained that way then I wander whether I would be paying more tax, governments got to get money from somewhere-why not from people who choose to disregard the law.
The last infringement I got was cos I had an expired licence (it was a fair call from the officer but he was also good enough to let me drive my car home since i was only a few K's from home)

But read the article, it says that more people are killed on country roads... yet lets focus on the city areas by adding more cameras in the city where the road toll is less (I don't know how that makes sence to you... I'm sorry, but any way you look at it, it is revenue raising)...

I guess it comes down to all the goodie two shoes on this forum... I have been known to speed every know and then by upto about 10km, so come on everyone flame me for it... but at least I am an honest person about it which is more than I can say about most people in here... It shits me...
I'm not saying whether speed camera's are revenue raising or not, my point is there is no point in caring to much, as it will not change anything and as I already stated; if you don't speed-you won't get caught. I would much rather see someone who disregards the law pay for it, then have to pay extra tax

but obviously this is my opinion, and you certainly have the right to point out yours

cheers dave :D :D