CHANNEL 7 NEWS FLASH - Steve Irwin :(

News, meet-ups, general questions, emergency services procedures etc

Moderators: vk6hgr, Zebedee

gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

joss wrote:I spoke with Valerie Taylor about an hour and half ago and she was very emotional and upset. She had some great stories to tell about Steve and his passion for the environment. John Stainton (close friend of Steve and his producer) also held a very moving press conference a short time ago which is worth having a listen to / look at if you get a chance this afternoon.
Cheers Joss.... mate I think most of Australia would be mourning the passing of a Great Legend - a True "Fair Dinkum" Aussie.... where abouts is the press conference link?
George
WARSUG Moderator
VFRS Member

"I am not one who was born in the possession of knowledge. I am one who is fond of antiquity, and earnest in seeking it there." — Confucius

Any views expressed in the above post are my own and do not necessarily depict or reflect the views or opinions of DFES/FRS or VBFB.
Donga
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Donga »

Crikey!!! The good thing is tho he died doing what he loved best RIP Steve Irwin I am sure he will be graatly missed by all.
JG-103

Post by JG-103 »

I agree donga, i think he would have preferred going that way- doing what he loved best, than to die in a car accident or somethink like that.
SOE digital
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by SOE digital »

Hey Joss, what is it you do for a living that you get to talk to marine legends like Valerie Taylor? I'd love to meet her!
Kiss Me I'm Irish
kellie
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by kellie »

Last edited by kellie on Thu Jan 25, 2007 1:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

He was known world wide - the UK - the US - It's all over the TV's - and it was so sad watching a special edition of Sunrise this morning on Channel 7 - With so many old interviews, and tributes on the legend..... :cry: Couldn't help it - but it sure did bring a tear..... And am glad the media is backing off alittle bit to allow the family to grieve, and the Queensland Govt will hold a State Funeral - only by request of the family,..... which i think is the Least they should do for him.....

G
George
WARSUG Moderator
VFRS Member

"I am not one who was born in the possession of knowledge. I am one who is fond of antiquity, and earnest in seeking it there." — Confucius

Any views expressed in the above post are my own and do not necessarily depict or reflect the views or opinions of DFES/FRS or VBFB.
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

Over 3,400 - e-mails from people all over the world sending there condolences - I am not suprised by this -,......

http://www.news.com.au/comments/0,23600 ... -2,00.html
George
WARSUG Moderator
VFRS Member

doogues71
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by doogues71 »

Sad news this is. :cry: Still can't beleive he's gone.Well done Mr G on the photo it's a lovely tribute.crocodilehunter.com.Is his website it's Down at the moment.Not surprisingly.Had the pleasure of meeting him two years ago you couldn't ask to meet a nicer guy.
doogues71
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by doogues71 »

tribute to steve irwin tonight on seven at 8pm instead of Medical emergency.And tomorrow on nine at 7:30pm.
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

George
WARSUG Moderator
VFRS Member

jmmw
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by jmmw »

Last edited by jmmw on Mon Jul 06, 2015 2:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Chicky
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by Chicky »

That was awesome - Well done! My son will appreciate it too - he's a big fan of his ("CRIKEY") :D
West Coast Eagles
AFL Premiers 1992, 1994 & 2006 and....... ;)
R/Up 1991 & 2005
Since 1987 and still going strong :)
jmmw
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by jmmw »

hey guys to to clarify i didnt create this tribute it was taken from

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OKiXkQYatfA

however it was being downloaded so much that it was taking 5+ minutes to load so i posted it on my own site for quicker download times (with permission ofcourse)