Digital Scanners

What scanner to buy? What's the best antenna to use? Programming? Ask here!

Moderator: Always RX

Fitzyyy
Scanners and Receivers: Uniden Bearcat ubcd396xt

Digital Scanners

Post by Fitzyyy »

Im thinking of getting a digital scanner because im interested in trunk tracking and just feel like its time for a upgrade. I was checking out the Uniden 396t which looks pretty decent but Dick Smith dont seem to sell them anymore. Apparently Uniden have ceased creating these models for whatever reason so im wondering if they have released a newer/more advanced digital scanner as a replacemnt. Any help to shed some light on this topic would be appreciated

(p.s I know the coppers are encypted so spare me the lecture)
yorky

Re: Digital Scanners

Post by yorky »

Uniden don't have a new model for Aus at all last I heard.

The best is to keep an eye on eBay.
"VKI, NJ050 will you be attending the job?"
"Negative VKI, my desk is bolted to the floor".
WARSUG General Scanning Moderator
rustynswrail

Post by rustynswrail »

yorky wrote:Uniden don't have a new model for Aus at all last I heard.
The best is to keep an eye on eBay.
In October this year the UBCD396T will be re-released by Uniden. RRP is expected to be $499.

R
vk6hgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
Amateur callsign: VK6HGR
Scanners and Receivers: Various Yaesu, Kenwood, Tait, Simoco and Philips'

Post by vk6hgr »

rustynswrail wrote: In October this year the UBCD396T will be re-released by Uniden. RRP is expected to be $499.
Until they release a version that supports MPT trunking a trunk tracker scanner isn't much use over here.
Gavin Rogers; VK6HGR
http://vk6hgr.ampr.org/
WARSUG forum administrator
Site and stream donations: https://www.paypal.me/vk6hgr
Comint

Post by Comint »

Fitzyyy wrote:Im thinking of getting a digital scanner because im interested in trunk tracking and just feel like its time for a upgrade. I was checking out the Uniden 396t which looks pretty decent but Dick Smith dont seem to sell them anymore. Apparently Uniden have ceased creating these models for whatever reason so im wondering if they have released a newer/more advanced digital scanner as a replacemnt. Any help to shed some light on this topic would be appreciated

(p.s I know the coppers are encypted so spare me the lecture)
Uniden stopped manufacturing the 396T in about June 2009, when the 396XT was released in America.

There were some rumours getting around over the past 9 months, or so, that Uniden Australia was planning on re-releasing the superseded UBCD396T in June/July this year, but hopefully, common sense prevailed, and they have shelved such a stupid idea.

--
Comint