How to stop scanning?

What scanner to buy? What's the best antenna to use? Programming? Ask here!

Moderator: Always RX

Mug
150+ posts
150+ posts
Scanners and Receivers: UBC93xlt

How to stop scanning?

Post by Mug »

I own a UBC93xlt and whenever I lock onto a frequency I can only listen for a few seconds before it begins scanning my saved frequencies, interrupting the frequency I want to listen to.
I am not very scanner-savvy the device was somewhat of an impulse buy, but I still find it interesting.Is there a way I can stop this unwanted scanning from occurring?
¡¡¡ʎɐq-ǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq oʇ ƃuıoƃ ɯı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ
yorky

Re: How to stop scanning?

Post by yorky »

Press hold when its on the frequency before it starts scanning again I think is what you want.
"VKI, NJ050 will you be attending the job?"
"Negative VKI, my desk is bolted to the floor".
WARSUG General Scanning Moderator
auntys_eyes

Post by auntys_eyes »

Or alternatively, press 'Manual', then enter the channel number you want to listen to, then 'Manual' again. If you no longer want to listen to that channel press 'Scan'.
WARSUG Moderator - Media Section

VBFB Member

No onion, no garlic, no chilli, no pepper... NO POINT!!
rustynswrail

Post by rustynswrail »

Mug wrote:I own a UBC93xlt and whenever I lock onto a frequency I can only listen for a few seconds before it begins scanning my saved frequencies, interrupting the frequency I want to listen to. I am not very scanner-savvy the device was somewhat of an impulse buy, but I still find it interesting.Is there a way I can stop this unwanted scanning from occurring?
Alternatively activate DELAY. That will hold the channel for about 2-3 seconds after the transmission has concluded, before the radio starts scanning again.

R
yorky

Post by yorky »

Function + 5(Dly) that is, when you are holding on the channel.
"VKI, NJ050 will you be attending the job?"
"Negative VKI, my desk is bolted to the floor".
WARSUG General Scanning Moderator
Comint

Post by Comint »

Mug wrote:I own a UBC93xlt and whenever I lock onto a frequency I can only listen for a few seconds before it begins scanning my saved frequencies, interrupting the frequency I want to listen to.
I am not very scanner-savvy the device was somewhat of an impulse buy, but I still find it interesting.Is there a way I can stop this unwanted scanning from occurring?
If you don't have Delay selected, the scanner will resume scanning as soon as the frequency of interest stops Transmitting. Is this what is happening, or does scanning resume in the middle of a conversation.

You might also check that you don't have Priority enabled. If Priority is enabled, the scanner will check the Priority Channel every 2 seconds, and this may cause the scanner to resume scanning.

--
Comint